CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Particle tracking tutorial (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/96361-particle-tracking-tutorial.html)

siw January 20, 2012 07:56

Particle tracking tutorial

Hi,

I've worked through the Flunet v14 tutorials and now I'm starting on a simple model to build up to the more complex model I need to simulate as part of a project.

The first simple model is just a cuvred 2-D pipe which has air and solid particles (not lots of particles as that would slow the computation) flowing through it. All I want to do is be able to get the set up for the particles to flow through the domain with the air and see their pathlines.

The built in tutorials don't cover this type of simulation (the neaest is a stirred sand bed in a tank). Does anyone have a tutorial I can use or give information for me to get started?

Thanks

mali28 January 20, 2012 14:43

How did you get Fluent 14?

Quote:

Originally Posted by siw (Post 340292)
Hi,

I've worked through the Flunet v14 tutorials and now I'm starting on a simple model to build up to the more complex model I need to simulate as part of a project.

The first simple model is just a cuvred 2-D pipe which has air and solid particles (not lots of particles as that would slow the computation) flowing through it. All I want to do is be able to get the set up for the particles to flow through the domain with the air and see their pathlines.

The built in tutorials don't cover this type of simulation (the neaest is a stirred sand bed in a tank). Does anyone have a tutorial I can use or give information for me to get started?

Thanks

ghost82 January 20, 2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by siw (Post 340292)
Hi,

Thanks

Hi look at this tutorial:
www.cfluid.com/batch.download.php?aid=642

Basically you have to solve for the single phase flow, then enable the discrete phase model (DPM).

siw January 21, 2012 04:43

FLUENT v14.0 is the latest release since November 2011 and can be downloaded from the ANSYS Customer Portal.

Thanks for the download link, but before I download it is it a FLUENT file?

ghost82 January 21, 2012 05:49

I haven't fluent files for this tutorial, however you can simply draw a 2D tube in a couple of minutes and set the problem as the pdf teaches.
Maybe someone else will help for the files..

Daniele