2D LES in FLUENT for a turbulent jet
Can someone please help with the Fluent setting required to perform 2D LES of a turbulent jet at a velocity of 10m/s.
1) My domain size is 1.4 x 2.5 m and size of the inlet is 0.1m built in GAMBIT
2) Boundary conditions are
inlet as velocity inlet
Side walls as pressure outlets
Bottom walls as wall
Top wall (Outlet) as pressure Outlet
3) I am using a pressure based, transient, planar solver
4) Smogrinsky-Lilly Model with default settings.
5) Material is air
6) Under boundary conditions of the velocity inlet a setting of spectral synthesizer is used with turbulent intensity of 5 and hydraulic diameter as 0.1
7) Soultion Methods:
Least Square Cell Based, Standard Pressure, Bounded Central Differencing Momentum and Second Order Implicit for transient formulation
8) Solution Initialized from the Inlet.
9) Time step settings:
No. of time steps: 1000
No. of iteration/time step: 1000
Can someone please point out to me where I am going wrong or what could be suggested for getting the correct flow..
Are you sure you want to do 2D LES? Because you are surely killing a part of physics by doing that. I know it is not much help but just re-consider
This is true. You can not do LES in 2d. But emil, why do you reply such an old thread?
Sorry did not look at the date. my mistake
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:18.|