CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   Journal file clicks buttons but doesn't write values, why? (

kingjewel1 April 1, 2012 04:34

Journal file clicks buttons but doesn't write values, why?
I have recorded a journal file with my case set-up such as boundary conditions etc. When I read it in again, it doesn't actually change the values of what it recorded.

E.g. I would like to change a boundary inlet velocity from 1 to 2m/s, I can see it opening the window but it doesn't change the value. :mad:

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "NavigationPane*Frame1*PushButton7(Boundary Conditions)")
(cx-gui-do cx-set-list-selections "Boundary Conditions*Frame1*Table1*Frame1*List1(Zone)" '( 21))
(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Boundary Conditions*Frame1*Table1*Frame1*List1(Zone)")
(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Boundary Conditions*Frame1*Table1*Frame2*Table2*Frame4*Table4*ButtonBox1*PushButton1(Edit)")
(cx-gui-do cx-set-real-entry-list "mass-flow-inlet-5-1*Frame4*Frame1(Momentum)*Frame1*Table1*Frame14*Table14*RealEntry2(Y-Component of Flow Direction)" '( -0.566))
(cx-gui-do cx-set-real-entry-list "mass-flow-inlet-5-1*Frame4*Frame1(Momentum)*Frame1*Table1*Frame15*Table15*RealEntry2(Z-Component of Flow Direction)" '( -0.1516))

Any ideas why this might be happening?

LuckyTran April 2, 2012 21:03

No ideas, I've never used the recorder.

But your commands are very basic, you can easily accomplish them using the TUI commands (well, all commands can be entered into TUI, but yours are not difficult at all to implement). I recommend doing that rather than wasting time debugging.

delaneyluke April 3, 2012 04:30

If you want a report of some values through a journal, use the write to file option in results report. Make sure you first create a blank file and then append to that while recording your journal.