CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   GridPro (
-   -   'grid sheet not visible' and mesh 'refinement' in GridPro (

jockel January 17, 2013 11:02

'grid sheet not visible' and mesh 'refinement' in GridPro

I want to create 2D multiblock grids for rotational symmetric channel flow simulation with an inhouse code. I am not yet used to GridPro, but it seems to make good quality multiblock grids.

I encounter a problem when I want to display may finished grid. It is not drawn. The block boundarys are plotted, but not the grid lines. I activated 'GRID' and 'she'. A grid is displayed when I choose panel=P instead of T or G. Does anyone know what I messed up? I have already seen a grid....

The second problem is that I do not know exactly how to get a mesh refinement at the walls. right now, the block-block boundary and in- and outflow are refined, but normal to the wall the grid is equidistant. Has anyone an idea where to look at?

sameben April 26, 2013 06:16

Hi ,
Were you able to figure out the issue?

jockel April 27, 2013 05:38

yes, I was. Thanks for asking and sorry for not posting it here. The problem with displaying the grid was caused by the usage of a VNC connection. Without that, it works.
The mesh refinement procedure in GridPro is also clear to me now. I was used to a method, that distributes grid points along a boundary.