CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Lounge (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/lounge/)
-   -   CFD engineer salaries in Germany (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/lounge/101578-cfd-engineer-salaries-germany.html)

Attesz May 8, 2012 05:38

CFD engineer salaries in Germany

Hi all,

If some of you have information about the expected engineer salaries in Germany (especially souther regions, Munich etc.) please could you share it with me/us? With 2-3 years of experience and a postgrad in Fluid Dynamics...

Thanks,
Attesz

Far May 11, 2012 06:27

How much salary do you expect to get?

abdul099 May 11, 2012 18:18

It strongly depends on the company, the companies business, the location, the job description etc., so it's quite hard to make any statement. That could make a difference of let's say 30%.
Also the salary is not all to care about. For example, salaries in Munich are usually higher than in other parts of Germany, but also the costs for living in Munich are pretty high. Rents are close to be the highest within Germany while you can live pretty cheap in Berlin.
A 5000 Euros higher annual salary will make only about 3000 Euros on your bank account. And the rent in Munich of an appropriate flat (no luxury flat designed for movie stars etc.) can easily cost 200 Euros more - per month! So there's not much left of the higher salary just after paying the rent, without taking public transport etc. into account.

So my recommendation is: Don't look just on the salary, but also on the average living costs.

Attesz May 12, 2012 09:24

Thanks abdul for your input! I expect a salary about 2.200-2400E per month after taxes. Do you think that the increase in the salaries can balance the increase in the living costs in Munich? I saw that at the aerospace companies the salary is usually higher, but what about the small companies, with 5-10 engineers, specialized for fluid dynamics?

abdul099 May 13, 2012 10:21

Your expectations seem to be realistic. But I'm not very familiar with salaries in Munich. I just know that living in Munich it is quite expensive. It's one of the most expensive cities in Germany, at least for the rents.
I assume, the higher salary might compensate the higher living costs when you're working in a big company, like EADS, Siemens or BMW. But I'm not sure about the smaller ones.

alquimista May 21, 2012 21:38

I was living in Munich, for my experience you can expect a salary between 2000-3000 (wide range but it depends on company, CV, german....). A company with 10 employers can afford at least 2000 .

In my opinion living in Munich is not so expensive as you can imagine. I'm from Spain and It's similar to Madrid or Barcelona (maybe a litle bit higer but not too much). The santandard of living is amazing.

Attesz May 22, 2012 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by alquimista (Post 362317)
I was living in Munich, for my experience you can expect a salary between 2000-3000 (wide range but it depends on company, CV, german....). A company with 10 employers can afford at least 2000 .

In my opinion living in Munich is not so expensive as you can imagine. I'm from Spain and It's similar to Madrid or Barcelona (maybe a litle bit higer but not too much). The santandard of living is amazing.

Thanks for your input!