CAD software for Turbomachinery
Which software do you recommend for creating turbomachinery cad model?
1. I have two recommendeations
a. Catia (But I am told it is complicate software)
b. rhino3d and rhino3d with t-splines
2. They also told me that catia is feature based modeler and rhino is spline based modeller. I dont know what does it mean. Can any body explain whats differce between feature based and spline based modeller?
3. I am also told that Pro-E (creoelements) is the worst choice.
4. What about solid works and solid edge ?
5. Any idea about space-claim?
6. What are your views about ansys designmodeler and its limitations ?
Have a look at ThinkDesign.
It can deal with solids, open solids and surfaces. You can also "parametrize" pure surface models with "Global Shape Modeling" (GSM), which is a real killer feature. ... and it is very easy and intuitive to use.
Well, I haven't worked with rhino3d but I have worked with Catia for quite some time...
If you choose Catia you have to spend some time to learn how to use it but it's a fantastic software. Think of anything you want to design, no matter how complicated it might be, and you can design it easily in Catia! It's capabilities are innumerable...
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08.|