|July 7, 2013, 10:14||
CAD software for Turbomachinery
Join Date: Mar 2009
Blog Entries: 6Rep Power: 43
Which software do you recommend for creating turbomachinery cad model?
1. I have two recommendeations
a. Catia (But I am told it is complicate software)
b. rhino3d and rhino3d with t-splines
2. They also told me that catia is feature based modeler and rhino is spline based modeller. I dont know what does it mean. Can any body explain whats differce between feature based and spline based modeller?
3. I am also told that Pro-E (creoelements) is the worst choice.
4. What about solid works and solid edge ?
5. Any idea about space-claim?
6. What are your views about ansys designmodeler and its limitations ?
|July 8, 2013, 06:11||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 195Rep Power: 10
Have a look at ThinkDesign.
It can deal with solids, open solids and surfaces. You can also "parametrize" pure surface models with "Global Shape Modeling" (GSM), which is a real killer feature. ... and it is very easy and intuitive to use.
|July 11, 2013, 06:39||
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 199Rep Power: 6
Well, I haven't worked with rhino3d but I have worked with Catia for quite some time...
If you choose Catia you have to spend some time to learn how to use it but it's a fantastic software. Think of anything you want to design, no matter how complicated it might be, and you can design it easily in Catia! It's capabilities are innumerable...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hexahedral meshing of CAD files - Which free software?||Wolle||OpenFOAM Meshing Format & General Technical||14||November 22, 2014 22:40|
|What software to clean/fix/prepare CAD files?||lovecraft22||Main CFD Forum||11||May 24, 2012 04:19|
|Mesh Generation and CAD software||MechE||Main CFD Forum||2||May 15, 2010 15:18|
|CAD integrated CFD Software||kostikr||Main CFD Forum||3||February 4, 2010 15:38|
|What CAD software are you using right now?||david||Main CFD Forum||22||April 14, 2003 08:20|