CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Main CFD Forum (
-   -   Undergraduate Research Project (

phxSL February 21, 2013 23:54

Undergraduate Research Project
Hi All,

I am a final year mechanical engineering student, and I have a BSc in physical sciences also.

For my final year project I an looking forward to do a CFD project. I am looking forward to enter a masters program also. So I need this to carry some weight so it will be a notable skill I have.

I`m really glad if you guys can help me with suggesting some topics that I can look into and work on. I have like 10 months to finish the project.

I`m really out of my wits and trying to contact many people to solve this issue, but everyone is so busy and sometimes ignorant. So I really hope you guys will help me out before I run out of my luck.:confused: Guys I really really need this.

Thanks to all in advance.

andrei.cimpoeru February 22, 2013 07:12

do pressure distribution validation around an aerofoil or a LES around a waviness plate by analyzing the grid dependency

phxSL February 23, 2013 01:48

Thanks for the idea andrei.

Orkun March 3, 2013 12:58

if you are familiar with any programming language, i can certainly suggest you to study on inverse conduction problems which are ill-posed problems and most probably you will be facing with discontinuties. i think this would provide you a good insight into the concepts of stability, consistency and you would have an idea about how to deal with discontinuties.

good luck