|December 6, 2013, 06:19||
Software selection (bit urgent)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15Rep Power: 8
We are looking for cfd software for the following applications:
- Indoor air quality (CO, CO2, ect)
- Wind around buildings (virtual wind tunnel)
- Indoor climate (temperature, flow, radiation, preferably also output of PPD, PMV ect.)
- preferably also indoor fire
I'm looking for:
- well-validated software (literature refs)
- options for input from autodesk revit
- steady and transient
- preferably both orthagonal and unstructured grid
- robust and stable solver
- preferably with auto meshing (+customizable)
- output of grid quality factors (expansion ratio ect)
- output of balances, residuals, Y+ values ect.
- not too expensive (so FLUENT/CFX are not my favorites in this respect)
- user friendly, clear documentation, good user support
For fire we allready use FDS, so that's not a must, though a drawback is that only orthogonal grids are possible and there's no cut-cell option. Also grid manipulation and output viewer (smokeview) could be improved.
I have experience also with phoenics which can be used for all applications but in my opioning it's very user-unfriendly and gridding and attaining convergence is often a very timeconsuming process.
So, any suggestions?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Run time Selection Mechanism - Some help required to understand||jaswi||OpenFOAM Programming & Development||2||April 18, 2014 07:44|
|Ansys 32 bit installation on 64 bit os||anoopjangra||ANSYS||0||December 22, 2011 07:38|
|Water mist modelling capabilities of any software||Iqbal||CFX||2||January 13, 2011 20:00|
|64 Bit software or 64 bit compatibility?||EphemeralMemory||ANSYS||1||August 31, 2010 05:29|
|CFD Software Selection Help Needed||Lee Powell||Main CFD Forum||2||July 10, 2000 07:36|