|March 6, 2014, 16:59||
Coupled thermo and structural problem
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
I have been having trouble with a stress analysis of compression between 2 hot plates, where a fixed lower die and a moving upper die squash a test piece
ANSI 316 Stainless steel.
• control constant upsetting velocity, 5mm/s
• Specimen (room temperature) - D0=60mm, H0=20mm.
• Deformation: 50%
• forming dies - preheated at 600°C
• Boundary condition: friction coefficient of 0.25
• Potential output information:
— reaction force, stress distribution, deformation, temperature contour etc
We assume that the thermal calculation at a given time is independent from the structural results obtained at a previous time according to the point: so the thermal and the mechanical analysis can be uncoupled.
Can any one help I don't know where to start, Im using ANsys mechanical by the way.
|ansys, displacement, structural, thermo|