CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   the best way to extract data from a figure (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/13599-best-way-extract-data-figure.html)

Feitoudaer June 8, 2007 07:48

the best way to extract data from a figure
 
Dear all,

What's the best way, in your opinion, to extract data from a figure in a published paper. I am doing modelling and want to compare my results with well established and recognized results in a published paper. I am wondering if there is some nice software which can do this job well and in an easy way. Thanks a lot for your experience.

Praveen. C June 8, 2007 08:09

Re: the best way to extract data from a figure
 
I dont know about the "best" but this does the job

http://digitizer.sourceforge.net/

FYW June 8, 2007 14:23

Re: the best way to extract data from a figure
 
http://plotdigitizer.sourceforge.net/

matej June 10, 2007 01:58

Re: the best way to extract data from a figure
 
this one works too.

http://www.frantz.fi/software/g3data.php

ankitrohatgi September 27, 2010 13:06

Web Based Program
 
Well this thread is old, but I'm still posting a reply since this shows up on Google when you search for this stuff.

There's a web based program: http://www.arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer/

Yes, I made it :P

mukut September 27, 2010 22:08

thanks. I have collected all these software for my future need. :)

mahdi_che December 12, 2010 04:58

registration code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Praveen. C
;50071
I dont know about the "best" but this does the job

http://digitizer.sourceforge.net/

I downloaded the software but it needs registration code.
Could you please send me the registration code via email?
mahdi_63_che at yahoo dot com

mahdi_che December 12, 2010 04:59

registration code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Praveen. C
;50071
I dont know about the "best" but this does the job

http://digitizer.sourceforge.net/

I downloaded the software but it needs registration code.
Could you please send me the registration code via email?
mahdi_63_che at yahoo dot com

thanks a lot in advance.

raggar December 12, 2010 09:29

http://getdata-graph-digitizer.com/

It was freeware for russian students two year ago.

mahdi_che December 13, 2010 03:54

registration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raggar (Post 287098)
http://getdata-graph-digitizer.com/

It was freeware for russian students two year ago.


I downloaded the software but agin it needs registration data.
Please help me in registration.

mahdi_che December 13, 2010 12:09

mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfhdweb (Post 287190)
[i will try to mail you code

My yahoo mail is mahdi_63_che at yahoo dot com.
Thanks in advance.

pano December 18, 2010 14:16

Guys, few years ago, I extensively used a wee code called Windig, it was pretty convenient as it had a cool magnifier and could rotate the scanned images or whatever as you wished. Simple and functioning. I still have the zipped file, should anyone want to have it, just ask me to send an e-mail to you. Unfortunately, it doesnt work on 64bit OSs. Take care, Pano

mahdi_che December 19, 2010 10:12

wanted
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pano (Post 287722)
Guys, few years ago, I extensively used a wee code called Windig, it was pretty convenient as it had a cool magnifier and could rotate the scanned images or whatever as you wished. Simple and functioning. I still have the zipped file, should anyone want to have it, just ask me to send an e-mail to you. Unfortunately, it doesnt work on 64bit OSs. Take care, Pano


Hello pano
Would you please mail that for me?
my email: mahdi_63_che at yahoo dot com.

ankitrohatgi January 19, 2011 12:16

WebPlotDigitizer
 
I am currently developing my web-based program which I mentioned above to be able to automatically detect points on curves and deal with polar and ternary diagrams as well. This will take some time, but I'll update the group once I've done all that and you can perhaps suggest more features to add.

ankitrohatgi March 15, 2011 16:21

WebPlotDigitizer 2.0
 
I have completed the second version on my web based program to extract data from plots. You can check it out at http://arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer

I have also made a convenient Chrome app for it.

This version supports XY charts, polar plots, ternary diagrams and maps. I have included an auto extraction system in it which can pull out large number of points for fairly uncomplicated plots.

You need Firefox 3.6+ or Chrome 6+ to use this. You don't need to install anything else for this.

sail March 15, 2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitrohatgi (Post 299553)
I have completed the second version on my web based program to extract data from plots. You can check it out at http://arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer

I have also made a convenient Chrome app for it.

This version supports XY charts, polar plots, ternary diagrams and maps. I have included an auto extraction system in it which can pull out large number of points for fairly uncomplicated plots.

You need Firefox 3.6+ or Chrome 6+ to use this. You don't need to install anything else for this.

looks wonderful! thank for your effort. i'll test it asap.

mohammad March 16, 2011 01:46

To Anki
 
That was easy and wonderful.....THANKS

siddhaling March 17, 2011 13:44

doubt
 
em student of engg.

guys i have just started with CFD
& i use Tecplot for extracting the data, for above purpose;
What r the merits of above aplications over it.

pls reply.

siddhaling March 17, 2011 13:48

hi
 
Hey can anone tell me how to apply orthgonality in grids.
I have developed C Code for elliptical equations.
(Cylinder placed in a fluid channel).

thanks

titanic12 March 17, 2011 21:43

Hi,
Last time I read a book including this topic. After coding based on some equations in that book, I generated an orthogonal mesh.

Sorry that I forgot the title of that book.
Best wishes
Dave


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08.