CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   FREE SURFACE VISCOELASTIC FLOWS (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/1435-free-surface-viscoelastic-flows.html)

Valdemir G. Ferreira October 21, 1999 15:30

FREE SURFACE VISCOELASTIC FLOWS

Dear Friends,

I would like to have information about numerical simulation of viscoelastic flows by using finite differences. In particular, we are interested in numerical methods for free surface flows. Please, send me some references.

Thank You Very Much and Good Luck for All.

Eric Grald November 9, 1999 09:14

Re: FREE SURFACE VISCOELASTIC FLOWS

Dear Dr. Ferreira,

Are you only interested in the finite difference method?

On the other hand, the finite element method has been widely used to solve viscoelastic flows, including free surfaces. Please check on the work by M. Crochet and others. This work has been commercialized in the finite element code POLYFLOW.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Eric Grald

Valdemir G. Ferreira November 12, 1999 08:54

Hi Dr. Eric Grald,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I am interescted only in the finite difference method. Please, I need information such as thesis and papers. If you have any information, let me know.

Best Regards,

Valdemir.

Luciane Grossi November 12, 1999 14:04

Hi friends,

I am student in fluid mechanics. I would like to know information about boundary conditons for Oldroyd-B fluids with free surface.

Thank you very much.

Luciane.

Thierry Marchal November 22, 1999 11:29

Hello Luciane,

I'm Thierry Marchal the Product Manager of Polyflow. The Oldroyd-B model is one of the differential viscoelastic model available in Polyflow together with the Giesekus-Leonov, Phan Thien-Tanner, FENE-P, White-Metzner and Maxwell models. All of them can be considered in 2D and 3D, isothermal and non-isothermal (though full 3D non-isothermal simulation can be time consuming). As mentioned previously by Eric Grald, we are using a finite element technique to solve the equations. These simulations can be combined with free surface(s) where the kinematic condition (Vn = 0, Fn = Fs = 0) is specified along the free border.

Please contact me by email describing your specific requests in more details in order to further discuss this topic.

sudeepan December 18, 2009 07:12

RE: polyflow Viscoelastic model

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdemir G. Ferreira
;5945
Dear Friends,

I would like to have information about numerical simulation of viscoelastic flows by using finite differences. In particular, we are interested in numerical methods for free surface flows. Please, send me some references.

Thank You Very Much and Good Luck for All.

Can anyone suggest me on how to do the Polyflow Viscoelastic Maxwell model for 2D Blow Molding die

sudeepan December 18, 2009 07:14

RE: Polyflow Viscoelastic Maxwell model

Dear CFD users,

please Suggest me on how to do the Polyflow Differential Viscoelastic maxwell Model for 2D blow molding die.

Regards,

Sudeep