CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Main CFD Forum (
-   -   Natural convection in Fluent (

Tanveer May 6, 2008 02:21

Natural convection in Fluent
Hi all, I dont know how to solve natural convection problem in fluent, I have one Heat source and fin is attached to the source to increase the heat dissipation rate. Please any body suggest me how to proceed and what sholud be the domain size and boundary conditions??????????????

lele May 6, 2008 21:16

Re: Natural convection in Fluent
if your package size is x/y/z (z is the direction of gravity), the suggest domain size should be 3x/3y/4z. 2z room is put on the top of your package.

Tanveer May 7, 2008 00:38

i am doin in 2d ........what should be the boundary condition.???????

Jitender May 20, 2008 02:43

hi Tanveer, are you getting the accurate result for natural convection? i mean how much accerate your result is if compared to actual testing result. I am using Flotherm and it is not accurate. Thus i want to know about Fluent.

Tanveer May 20, 2008 12:31

hi.. i generated some results with fluent in natural convection in enclosure and the results are accepatable when I compared with the previously generated code in C or in fortron......I dont know about the experimental results..i could not get any literature.........If you have some results in Natural convection please do send me .it will be helpful for me to validate my results......