CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   using ghost fluid method in shock tube problem (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/16385-using-ghost-fluid-method-shock-tube-problem.html)

Amir February 22, 2009 08:18

using ghost fluid method in shock tube problem

I want to solve shock tube problem by level set method. Also I want to use ghost fluid method. is it necessary to use WENO5 For solving Euler equation, in one side of discontinuity ? Could I Use Roe's method (for example in Clawpack Software) for this purpose? In solving compressible problem by ghost fluid method, does Euler solver have any certain property?

jinwon park February 22, 2009 08:41

Re: using ghost fluid method in shock tube problem

I also concerned about this problem in my ph.d program. I used the ghost fluid method to distinguish two fluids separated by a material discontinuity. The GFM is a way to treat discontinuity across the material interface. To identify the interface during computation, an interface method such as level set method requires to be included in it. Any compressible flux function such as ROE, WENO or somethign else is the second problem. It may be used to discretize problem domain in space. Do not confuse between the discretization method, the two-fluid method and the interface method.

Amir February 22, 2009 13:02

Re: using ghost fluid method in shock tube problem

thank you for your kind response. as you mentioned, I know there is too many differences between space discretization and level set method. I want to know, Could I use Roe solver for discretizing my problem domain? ( But not in my interface) for evolving my interface, I use the level set method. and could you please send me your Phd Dissertation? thank you. I am looking forward for your kind response.

my email is

a_mansouri@modares.ac.ir

amir2920@gmail.com

Nishu July 8, 2009 14:26

Hi,

Can someone send me the 1D code for shock tube problem at babuu.nishu@gmail.com? I need it for my research.

Thanks alot
Nishant

Sergey Belov February 24, 2011 11:09

Question about paper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinwon park
;59032
I also concerned about this problem in my ph.d program. I used the ghost fluid method to distinguish two fluids separated by a material discontinuity. The GFM is a way to treat discontinuity across the material interface. To identify the interface during computation, an interface method such as level set method requires to be included in it. Any compressible flux function such as ROE, WENO or somethign else is the second problem. It may be used to discretize problem domain in space. Do not confuse between the discretization method, the two-fluid method and the interface method.

Dear jinwon ,
My name is Sergey Belov. Both I and my scientific supervisor develop the finite difference schemes for partial differential equations (PDE) and test them on The Shock Tube Problem to descrabe the flowing of gas in pipes. I have a question: do you have any links on the "fresh" papers or books with numerical results of solvig PDE where The Shock Tube Problem is considered as a test problem?