CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   Combustion (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/2180-combustion.html)

Pawel Kosinski May 29, 2000 08:36

Combustion

Hello!

I am working on numerical modelling of two-phase flows. Recently I have also started to consider chemical reactions in it. Because I am quite new at it, I have begun searching thrugh Internet for some global schemes of various reactions (not sophisticated but some basic like for hydrogen, methane,...), which I will implement into my code. Therefore I have a question to everyone who can help me. Where can I find them, especially coefficients for the reactions (like pre-exponential factors, activation energy and so on). In fact I possess a few, but not too much. I will be grateful for any response. Pawel Kosinski

Abhijit Tilak May 30, 2000 01:45

Re: Combustion

hi,

look for a book called Modelling of Combustors and Furnaces by E.E.Khalil.That gives practical approach for modelling of such problems. You may also find some data in book on combustion ( i don't remember the title.) by Irvin Glassman (2nd edition).

Pawel Kosinski May 30, 2000 06:18

Thank you for the answer.

Probably you are talking about "Combustion" by Irvin Glassman (2nd edition). I possess the publication. But maybe you know as well about some Internet sites with the coefficients of global reactions.

Best wishes,

Pawel

Tareq Al-shaalan June 5, 2000 00:25

Hello Pawel,

I am planing to models two phase flow in pipe from NS-Equations. So do you have an idea how to strat.

Thanks fro your help

Tareq

Pawel Kosinski June 5, 2000 08:27

Hello Tareq,

And what would you exactly like to know?

Regards,

Pawel

Tareq Al-shaalan June 6, 2000 00:26

Hello Pawel,

I would like to know the flow distribution and friction at the wall.

Tareq

Pawel Kosinski June 6, 2000 06:54

Hello Tareq,

Do you want to find out how to simulate the flow from the beginning: I mean how to solve the equations, and so on ? Because your question seems to me too general. Perhaps I haven't understood you properly - if so, will you please explain me your problem again: but please give me more details!

Best wishes,

Pawel

Tareq Al-shaalan June 7, 2000 00:12

Hello Pawel,

I am sorry for not to make my idea clear. I want to use Navier-Stock eqs. to simulate two phase flow in a pipe. For example, when I have gas and liquid in a pipe, I want to use Navier-Stocks eqs. to solve for these fluids in a pipe.

I do hope my idea is clear.

Best regards

Tareq

Pawel Kosinski June 8, 2000 05:16

Hello Tareq,

Thank you for the answer. In this case I have to ask you what you know. If your answer is going to be long you can write to my personal account ( pkos@itc.pw.edu.pl ). Then it will be maybe easier to help you. Especially becuase it seems to me you have experience in this field!

Regards,

Pawel Kosinski

Nasim Suleman June 9, 2000 14:31

Hi Pawel

Check GRI (Gas research institue) web site for getting three coefficent that describe elementary reactions.If you need any other informations email me I can post to CHEMKIN discussion group as I got registered during my master's thesis research.

Now, I need some help regarding multiphase flow modelling in cfd modelling If you think you can help me email me on my my personal mail.

suleman2@hotmail.com