strum liouville solution
I am TRYING to solve a sturm liouville problem to obtain a dispersion relationship for stratifed fluids with background shear flow. Can anyone recommend a commerically available software or book on the topic dealing with the general solution and principles invloved in obtaining the eigenvalues of the SL problem ?
Re: strum liouville solution
You could try Mathematica as regards software.
For books: There are any number of them.
1. O'Neil: Advanced Engrg Math
2. Bender and Orszag: Advanced Math Methods for Scientists and Engrs
For numerical treatment:
3. Conte and De Boor: Elementary Numerical Analy (General Eigenvalue problems only, no special mention of Sturm Liouville)
4. W.F Ames: (I don't know if this one treats eigenvalue.)
5. Ralston and Rabinowitz (perhaps?)
6. Hildebrand (perhaps?)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:01.|