CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   acoustic cavitation modeling with COMSOL (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/71391-acoustic-cavitation-modeling-comsol.html)

shahramn December 29, 2009 16:41

acoustic cavitation modeling with COMSOL
 
hi.
I am a graduate student ,working towards Simulation of Cavitation inducted by acoustic horn in water, with COMSOL 3.5a.I will be grateful if anyone can indicate me some resources That would be helpful..
thanks..

shahram

CFDtoy December 30, 2009 23:51

acoustic cav
 
Hi,
I have some details of cavitation simulation by moving objects using Fluent..if you are interested I can let you know.

cfdToy
http://cfdtoy.blogspot.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahramn (Post 241120)
hi.
I am a graduate student ,working towards Simulation of Cavitation inducted by acoustic horn in water, with COMSOL 3.5a.I will be grateful if anyone can indicate me some resources That would be helpful..
thanks..

shahram


shahramn December 31, 2009 04:28

Dear CFDtoy,

Thank you for your reply.
I want to simulate a sono-reactor.an ultrasonic horn produces acoustic waves.propagation of the waves in the bulk of water generates cavity zones.my problem is modeling of the cavitation phenomenon with COMSOL...is COMSOL3.5a proper for this means? or can I simulate ultrasonic cavitation with FLUENT 6.2?
plz help me...
thanks
best regards...

shahram

bksree February 21, 2010 13:29

Ultrasonic Cavitation Modelling
 
I am also interested in modelling ultrasonic cavitation in liquids. The goal is to model cavitation generated using a horn that vibrates in a bath of liquid and calculate the maximum collapse pressure prodiced.
Which software is best suited ? anyone has any tutorial in FLEUNT OR COMSOL ?

TIA
bksree

CFDtoy February 23, 2010 21:17

ultrasonic simulation
 
Hello there,
PhD Thesis "A numerical study of a new spray applicator" has detailed simulations on ultrasonic cavitation (done with Fluent).

Let me know if it works out for you.

/CFDtoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by bksree (Post 246781)
I am also interested in modelling ultrasonic cavitation in liquids. The goal is to model cavitation generated using a horn that vibrates in a bath of liquid and calculate the maximum collapse pressure prodiced.
Which software is best suited ? anyone has any tutorial in FLEUNT OR COMSOL ?

TIA
bksree


bksree February 25, 2010 03:25

Hi CFDtoy
Will you please email the link to the thesis

TIA
bksree

CFDtoy February 25, 2010 11:39

link
 
if you google the title as it is , the link appears right away.you can download directly from the site.


Quote:

Originally Posted by bksree (Post 247309)
Hi CFDtoy
Will you please email the link to the thesis

TIA
bksree


sharifi.fatemeh April 11, 2010 10:45

Hi CFDtoy
would you please email the link of the thesis"A numerical study of a new spray applicator" has detailed simulations on ultrasonic cavitation" to me. I couldnt get the linke you'd mentioned in google. i need to model ultrasound induced cavitation but unfortunately i couldnt model it in both Fluent and Comsol software.
my email:sharifi.fatemeh@gmail.com

thanks in advance
regards,

CFDtoy April 11, 2010 12:45

Search?
 
hi,
I dont know if you searched google at all. The first link if you put that title in google returns the site.

Anyways,

http://archive.uky.edu/handle/10225/408


At the bottom is the download link.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharifi.fatemeh (Post 254176)
Hi CFDtoy
would you please email the link of the thesis"A numerical study of a new spray applicator" has detailed simulations on ultrasonic cavitation" to me. I couldnt get the linke you'd mentioned in google. i need to model ultrasound induced cavitation but unfortunately i couldnt model it in both Fluent and Comsol software.
my email:sharifi.fatemeh@gmail.com

thanks in advance
regards,


sharifi.fatemeh April 12, 2010 04:21

I receive it. Thanks alot

regards,

Afrobrand November 11, 2010 15:55

Did anyone make any headway with the ultrasonic cavitation modelling in any package.

Need to model cavitation in water bath from a ultrasonic sonifier & plot pressure map with cavitation if possible

CFDtoy November 12, 2010 10:45

pressure map
 
The earlier reference shown in the thread indicates its possible using ANSYS-FLUENT - create a high frequency oscillating structure and study localized pressure, vel, vapor distribution etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobrand (Post 283130)
Did anyone make any headway with the ultrasonic cavitation modelling in any package.

Need to model cavitation in water bath from a ultrasonic sonifier & plot pressure map with cavitation if possible


MichelKitware March 7, 2011 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFDtoy (Post 241176)
Hi,
I have some details of cavitation simulation by moving objects using Fluent..if you are interested I can let you know.

cfdToy
http://cfdtoy.blogspot.com

Hi CFDToy,

I'd be interested to find out more about your Fluent implementation. I tried to download the thesis from Univ. Kentucky, but there seems to be something wrong with the pdf available in the link, and I've contacted them about sending me a copy.

In addition, if you have any ideas about open-source code that we could also use, I'd be interested in that too.

My medium-term plan, if I can get this work funded, is to produce a realistic simulation of a Cavitation Ultrasound Suction Aspirator, in the context of an interactive (GPU-accelerated) neurosurgery simulator.

I'm looking into possible alternate implementations such as meshless methods.

The purpose of the Fluent approach will be to validate the interactive method that we hope to develop.

Best wishes,

Michel


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:07.