|March 19, 2011, 16:11||
Help on laminar oscillatory channel flow [Help needed - Urgent]
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
I am new to the forums and would greatly appreciate any help on this problem:
1) I have a rectangular channel,
2) Laminar flow,
3) Initial condition is everything is at rest,
4) The top and bottom walls are stationary,
5) I specify same parabolic velocity profiles at the inlet and the outlet,
6) But I use a smooth Heaviside function as I increase these parabolic velocity profiles from 0 and let them saturate after a certain time. So I have dynamic inlet and outlet velocities.
My question is at the very initial time steps I get 2D velocities. I solve the Navier-Stokes eqns with a fractional step method in the same spirit of Chorin and Kim. Is what I observed intuitive or definitely wrong?
I would be grateful for any comment.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Laminar flow and wall roughness||junbbung||FLUENT||1||December 2, 2012 06:57|
|Laminar Flow||rvallejo||CFX||1||November 16, 2009 10:49|
|Validation for laminar Disperse phase flow||shashwat||Main CFD Forum||0||April 4, 2008 02:20|
|Laminar flow||mech||FLUENT||4||February 1, 2007 15:18|
|compressible channel flow..||R.D.Prabhu||Main CFD Forum||0||July 17, 1998 17:23|