CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Main CFD Forum

Wind Turbine Experimental Data

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 28, 2011, 19:56
Default Wind Turbine Experimental Data
  #1
Member
 
Naimish Harpal (MS Aerospace Engr)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 8
naimishharpal is on a distinguished road
Hi... I am looking for a CAD data or a blade profile for "Nordtank 500/41 Wind Turbine at Risų National Laboratories." I would like to validate me CFD methodology where windturbine rotates through fluid-body interaction effects.

Other than "130.226.17.201/extra/web_docs/nordtank/WT_description.pdf", can anyone suggest/provide me the geometric information for this turbine?

Any other wind turbine with its geometric, inertial properties and experimental data is also most welcomed.

Thanks.
naimishharpal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 29, 2011, 00:37
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Raashid Baig
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 7
cfd_newbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimishharpal View Post
Hi... I am looking for a CAD data or a blade profile for "Nordtank 500/41 Wind Turbine at Risų National Laboratories." I would like to validate me CFD methodology where windturbine rotates through fluid-body interaction effects.

Other than "130.226.17.201/extra/web_docs/nordtank/WT_description.pdf", can anyone suggest/provide me the geometric information for this turbine?

Any other wind turbine with its geometric, inertial properties and experimental data is also most welcomed.

Thanks.
Hi naimish,
I remember somewhere reading that the full information about it's geometry was never released, becoz it's a commercial turbine. you should contact the people who have already worked on it through email they may be able to help you out in a better way.
cfd_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 30, 2011, 00:22
Default
  #3
Senior Member
 
mohammad
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Seoul, South korea
Posts: 210
Rep Power: 7
mohammad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimishharpal View Post
Hi... I am looking for a CAD data or a blade profile for "Nordtank 500/41 Wind Turbine at Risų National Laboratories." I would like to validate me CFD methodology where windturbine rotates through fluid-body interaction effects.

Other than "130.226.17.201/extra/web_docs/nordtank/WT_description.pdf", can anyone suggest/provide me the geometric information for this turbine?

Any other wind turbine with its geometric, inertial properties and experimental data is also most welcomed.

Thanks.
Hi Naimish...Let me be sure that after you get any good information you will inform me......I'm really grateful in advance...
my email is: Mohammad.moshfeghi (at) gmail.com

Am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
mohammad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 30, 2011, 22:03
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Raashid Baig
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 7
cfd_newbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimishharpal View Post
Hi... I am looking for a CAD data or a blade profile for "Nordtank 500/41 Wind Turbine at Risų National Laboratories." I would like to validate me CFD methodology where windturbine rotates through fluid-body interaction effects.

Other than "130.226.17.201/extra/web_docs/nordtank/WT_description.pdf", can anyone suggest/provide me the geometric information for this turbine?

Any other wind turbine with its geometric, inertial properties and experimental data is also most welcomed.

Thanks.
Hi Naimish,
You may be already knowing this but https://wind.nrel.gov/forum/wind/
is a much better place for the discussions like this. This topic has been already discussed at lengths in the forum and people there might be able to help you out in a much better way.
cfd_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 1, 2011, 12:00
Default
  #5
Member
 
Naimish Harpal (MS Aerospace Engr)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 8
naimishharpal is on a distinguished road
Thanks.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_newbie View Post
Hi Naimish,
You may be already knowing this but https://wind.nrel.gov/forum/wind/
is a much better place for the discussions like this. This topic has been already discussed at lengths in the forum and people there might be able to help you out in a much better way.
naimishharpal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 1, 2011, 12:01
Default
  #6
Member
 
Naimish Harpal (MS Aerospace Engr)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 8
naimishharpal is on a distinguished road
I tried, but no one is replying. Frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_newbie View Post
Hi naimish,
I remember somewhere reading that the full information about it's geometry was never released, becoz it's a commercial turbine. you should contact the people who have already worked on it through email they may be able to help you out in a better way.
naimishharpal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 1, 2011, 12:11
Default
  #7
Senior Member
 
mohammad
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Seoul, South korea
Posts: 210
Rep Power: 7
mohammad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimishharpal View Post
I tried, but no one is replying. Frustrated.
HI Naimish..I think patience is still virtue...isn't it?
I personally think because that website is not as popular as this forum, you must wait more...

i hope you will get good news very soon
mohammad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 1, 2011, 22:48
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
Raashid Baig
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 7
cfd_newbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimishharpal View Post
I tried, but no one is replying. Frustrated.
hi Naimish,
What you can do is mail the people at NREL who have worked on it.
I persistently bugged (almost) them for 1 year before they gave me the experimental data for NREL Phase VI experiments.
cfd_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducted wind turbine (BC for the shroud) Pepita CFX 4 June 29, 2013 07:09
Experimental Data for Wind Turbine Design andygir Lounge 1 October 23, 2010 12:07
Validation of wind turbine simulations using experimental data of much lower Re Dorit Main CFD Forum 0 March 31, 2010 05:20
please help in simulating a wind turbine blade in 6 DOF ????.... usman naseer Main CFD Forum 0 December 11, 2009 02:51
How to update polyPatchbs localPoints liu OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 6 December 30, 2005 18:27


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36.