CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Main CFD Forum (
-   -   Maters program in CFD (

saisanthoshm88 June 14, 2011 15:30

Maters program in CFD
Could some one please tell me if there is any masters program in CFD offered in an executive (Part-time) mode

siw June 15, 2011 05:00

The MSc in CFD at Cranfield University (United Kingdom) can be taken on a part-time basis over two or three years. You study alongside the full-time (one-year) students.

I know because I've done it.

saisanthoshm88 June 15, 2011 08:50

Hi Siw,

Yes I came across this MSC program while surfing upon the net but could you please tell me if I need to have a Bachelors degree essentially from U.K to pursue this masters course

aerospaceman June 15, 2011 10:10

Southampton University also offer it; highly recommend it.

siw June 15, 2011 10:25

You don't need an undergraduate degree from a UK university to be on the course. You should contact them to check what the entry requirements are from overseas universities. Most of the full-time students are from overseas.

saisanthoshm88 June 15, 2011 14:21

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see more suggestions coming up so that I can make a choice that offers me the expected flexibility and I know that cfd-online is a good place to explore upon these things as I always found people who can help me out here

aerospaceman June 15, 2011 19:18

You also need to bear in mind what branch of CFD do you want to be studying (i.e. "what your research interests are")...

Eg: internal;
racing cars;
numerical methods;
grid generation;
turbulence research
(and the list goes on and on)........

Then based on that I would suggest looking at what the research groups are doing and what your interests are, as you would probably be doing a dissertation.

Nothing new here, but hope this helps.