CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Main CFD Forum (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/)
-   -   Anyone is using FLOW3D? (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/main/9106-anyone-using-flow3d.html)

Lee May 4, 2005 08:18

Anyone is using FLOW3D?

I just start to learn FLOW3D. My application will be liquid sloshing problem. I would like to find some people that I can discuss the usage of FLOW3D here.

The first question:

Can I use a general drawing problem such as AutoCAD or Pro/E to generate the geometry for FLOW3D?

Thanks...

Márcio Ricardo May 4, 2005 09:37

Re: Anyone is using FLOW3D?

According to their site, it reads STL format. Does any of these CAD export this format?

Lee May 4, 2005 09:59

Yes!

It seems both AutoCAD and Pro/E can export STL format. I will give a try this week.

Thanks!

edi May 4, 2005 10:00

Dear Lee,

sorry if I post this message not to help you, but I can't stand up to ask you some informations bacause you seem to be one of the few Flow3d users in this forum:

I just carried out a liquid slosh study with Fluent's VOF model and I was wondering how many differences there are between this model and Flow3d's, which is claimed to be the most accurate available...I'm particularly interested in the possibility to treat the interface between the two phases as a real discontinuity, expecially for tangential velocity. With Fluent it seems like it's not possible.

Let me know if you are interested in and if you have a little time to talk about it.

Many thanks in advance...

Edi.

Lee May 5, 2005 15:15

Sorry, edi.

I don't have an exact answer now. I just start liquid sloshing study, and still waiting for Flow3d license. But I am quite interested in the comparison.

If you are interested, we can discuss this issue via emails.

It is good to know some one else is doing same thing.

Lee

khahar December 19, 2010 11:10

Hey Lee!
I'm also starting Flow3D V 9.3.2 for drop structures in open channels. I've just made my models in Auto CAD and import them in Flow3D, but nothing more. I hope we can intract more.

Boogiwoogie December 20, 2010 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by khahar (Post 287763)
Hey Lee!
I'm also starting Flow3D V 9.3.2 for drop structures in open channels. I've just made my models in Auto CAD and import them in Flow3D, but nothing more. I hope we can intract more.

I have the bad feeling that he may not answer... :(

khahar December 20, 2010 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boogiwoogie (Post 287808)
I have the bad feeling that he may not answer... :(

and why? :confused:

otd December 20, 2010 10:22

Hey guys,

There's a dedicated forum for Flow3D users here on cfd-online. It's an active forum that is monitored by an experienced engineer - a Flow Science employee.

Why not try moving your discussion there?

khahar December 20, 2010 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by otd (Post 287878)
Hey guys,

There's a dedicated forum for Flow3D users here on cfd-online. It's an active forum that is monitored by an experienced engineer - a Flow Science employee.

Well, thank you. I just going there.:)

manish126 December 20, 2010 13:43

Savings Account Interest

Yes!

It seems both AutoCAD and Pro/E can export STL format. I will give a try this week.

Thanks!
Savings Account Interest

khahar December 21, 2010 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish126 (Post 287907)
Yes!

Thanks!
Savings Account Interest

and also SolidWorks.

Smithh December 23, 2010 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by otd (Post 287878)
Hey guys, - Deduplicates

Yes You Are Right I Can Find Something Over There! Thank You.....