|October 7, 2011, 05:51||
Euler computation on hybrid grid
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 31Rep Power: 5
For some strange reasons, I would like to perform an Euler computation of a NACA0012, M=0.8, a=1.25 on a hybrid grid.
Obvisouly, I encounter convergence problems , stall or crash.
Does any of you have some tips in order to enforce convergence ?
What I have:
- Time-stepping: Euler-Backward, RGK family
- Spatial scheme: central scalar, central matrix, and some upwind schemes
- Multigrid, Full-multigrid, single grid start-up
- Residual smoothing
What I tried so far:
- deactivate multigrid
- increase scalar dissipation coeffs
- lowering CFL up to 1 for Euler Backward time-stepping
Not working so far... any help would be highly appreciated !
|hybrid grid euler crash|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Grid generation and Compressible Euler equations||oe||Main CFD Forum||7||September 8, 2008 21:28|
|Hybrid mesh generation||Jake||Main CFD Forum||2||April 21, 2007 14:27|
|GRID TO GRID INTERPOLATION in FLUENT||calogero||FLUENT||3||June 4, 2003 08:32|
|Combustion Convergence problems||Art Stretton||Phoenics||5||April 2, 2002 05:59|
|Troubles modelling flow through a grid||Hans Klaufus||CFX||1||June 28, 2000 16:43|