|CFD Online Discussion Forums Rules
The discussion forums at CFD Online are intended to facilitate CFD discussions between students, scientists and professionals working with CFD.
Link spammers and other forms of spam are hunted very actively, both automatically and manually. We instantly ban spammers and submit spam links and used IP numbers to spam databases at Google and other places. Every day we ban more than 50 spammers and submit their links and IP numbers to spam databases. So spammers please go away!
Please follow good forum conduct and:
- Be nice, assume and act in good faith. Text based communication often cause unnecessary aggressions and it is very easy to misinterpret a message. Use smileys to indicate if you are making a joke and please avoid flame-wars and open aggressions.
- State your affiliation explicitly in your message if you:
- Recommend a product sold by your employer.
- Write bad things about a product and you are employed by a company selling similar products.
Be very restrictive in posting links to other web sites, especially commercial sites.
We recommend everyone to state their real name in their profile. Some companies forbid their employees to post on these forums and then it is okay to be anonymous. However, people tend to act more responsibly if they disclose their real identity so please do that if possible.
When posting a question please include enough detail for someone to be able to help you without having to ask complementary questions. Include pictures, software used, source code used etc.
Do not post the same message in more than one forum. If your message could be posted in several forums please pick the most relevant forum and post the message only there.
If you have posted your question in the wrong place please contact a Forum Moderator to have it moved.
Do not steal other people's threads by posting replies that are not relevant to the original question. Start a new thread instead.
Do not post small replies to your own messages with the main purpose of just putting them closer to the top of the forum. Instead wait for an answer and ensure that your original question has enough detail for people to understand your problem. If you want to add more information edit your original post. Only post a new reply if you have progressed significantly and then describe what you have tried and learned so far.
Do not use the blog to post questions. The blog is not intended for this and we will remove pure questions from the blog. Please use the forum for questions.
Please write in English language on the forums. If you need help to translate you can use Google Translate or Bing Translate.
- Advertising, both commercial and personal
- Bad language, insults, trolls and rude posts
- Racism and sexism
- Personal attacks
- Illegal activity like pirated software
- Any attempts to impersonate someone else
- Excessive signatures advertising websites or other things
- Pornography and overly sexual contet that do not belong here
- Messages outside of the Lounge that are completely unrelated to CFD and are out of context
If you want to discuss these forum rules please post a question here: Site Help, Feedback & Discussions.
Please note that any messages and/or threads that are judged inappropriate will be removed without further notice.
By submitting a post to these forums you give CFD Online the right to display this message on these forums.
All messages express the views of the authors. CFD Online can not be held responsible for any of the content.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49.