CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   NUMECA (
-   -   Emergency Request (

Ali T December 12, 2013 03:52

Emergency Request (Multi prossecor)
Dear all friends

How can we run NUMECA fine\turbo in parallel computing? (For CFD and Optimization!)

I have NUMECA fine\turbo 8.9.1.

Best Wishes

colinda1 January 16, 2014 11:42

You can easily define a parallel computation through the TaskManager (accessible through the Modules menu of FINE/Turbo). You can define, launch and monitor your parallel computation directly from the TaskManager or alternatively you can use the TaskManager to prepare the files needed to launch in batch.

alederiaz January 23, 2014 10:43

Is it possible to create a more balanced partition between all the processors or we can only allocate numbers of blocks to each processor?

Thank you

colinda1 January 23, 2014 10:53

Sure, in FINE/Turbo v9 you can use parallel partitioning to have a better balance over all the processors.
In the Task Manager simply select on the Tasks definition page: "Parallel Partitioned Computation"

alederiaz January 29, 2014 07:30

Should I select 'parallel computation' after starting the solver?
If I want to do it before I can lot select the computation from the list. If i do it later it do not use all slave processor selected
Probably I missed a step.

Thank you

colinda1 February 6, 2014 04:38

In the FINE TaskManager you should first select the *.run file of your computation. Then select "Parallel Computation" and modify the "Parallel Settings" all before starting the solver.