CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   NUMECA (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/numeca/)
-   -   Azimuthal averaged solution (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/numeca/90225-azimuthal-averaged-solution.html)

ArslanOZCAN July 5, 2011 03:16

Azimuthal averaged solution

Hi everyone;

In NUMECA FINE/TURBO when i try to open CFView, it doesn't let me select the "view the azimuthal averaged solution" option. Why is this happening? Any opinion?

Waiting for your answers...

oldshoes81 July 5, 2011 10:55

Hi,

Did you solutions fully converged?

ArslanOZCAN July 7, 2011 03:07

Yes i've waited enough for convergence.

sukiska July 22, 2011 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArslanOZCAN (Post 315069)
Yes i've waited enough for convergence.

Thank you for your reply .
As for your question , I choose the option in the "window "Column in cfview to compute the azimuthal averaged result ,
maybe I do not catch your meaning.

oldshoes81 July 24, 2011 20:55

Hi,

If the convergence has reached, there could be few factors to consider this problem. Could you please elaborate in more detail before we could come a conclusion?

yujiabeizi May 27, 2012 05:26

hi ,which item did you choose in the window ?

oldshoes81 May 27, 2012 21:41

Hi,

One more remark in which you could not activate the azumuthal view is because although you have reached your targeted global residual and / or iteration number, but the unsteadiness of the residual may lead to un-activate the view of azumuthal..

yujiabeizi May 27, 2012 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldshoes81 (Post 363357)
Hi,

One more remark in which you could not activate the azumuthal view is because although you have reached your targeted global residual and / or iteration number, but the unsteadiness of the residual may lead to un-activate the view of azumuthal..

Thank you for your reply.Could you tell me how to solve this question?That's how to view the azimuthal averaged distribution along the blade height?

oldshoes81 May 28, 2012 01:24

Hi Yujiabeizi,

The only thing you have to do is to make sure you have a good quality of mesh in term of its orthoganality, aspect ratio, and expansion ratio. You must not have any negative cells. Please refer to the manual on how to maintain such quality. I would guarantee you will have a good convergence after that... Good luck.

yujiabeizi May 28, 2012 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldshoes81 (Post 363367)
Hi Yujiabeizi,

The only thing you have to do is to make sure you have a good quality of mesh in term of its orthoganality, aspect ratio, and expansion ratio. You must not have any negative cells. Please refer to the manual on how to maintain such quality. I would guarantee you will have a good convergence after that... Good luck.

Thank you for your reply.I have activated the button "compute&open pitch average" in the column "window",but I didn't know what to do next ?

oldshoes81 May 28, 2012 02:32

Hi,

Just select the quantity you wanted to plot in each windows.