CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Bugs (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-bugs/)
-   -   Libsslso098 library missing (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-bugs/62464-libsslso098-library-missing.html)

ahorvat November 19, 2007 20:14

I installed openFoam 1.4.1 and

I installed openFoam 1.4.1 and it works fine in text mode. The problem is with starting FoamX.

Typing FoamX in the command line returns:

Starting NameServer with inet:ifs08:1234 ...
nsd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As I can see from "top" or "ps -ef" the application starts, but no GUI appears.

I am running RH Enterprise WS 4.5 and I cannot find library libssl.so.0.9.8 on the system. I do have libssl.so.0.9.7a and libssl.so.0.9.7b, but not libssl.so.0.9.8.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem ?

hjasak November 19, 2007 20:29

Yes: give up on FoamX and star

Yes: give up on FoamX and start using OpenFOAM from the command line (not worth the effort).

Alternatively, rebuild OF on your machine and the problem will go away. A third possibility is simply to lie: do a soft link from libssl.so.0.9.7b to libssl.so.0.9.8 and see if it works. You have a fair chance...

Hrv

ahorvat November 19, 2007 20:50

Thanks Hrvoje. I did create

Thanks Hrvoje.

I did create a soft link, but it still does not want to pick up the library.

My libssl.so.x.x.x libraries are in /lib. I have a feeling that OF looks for libraries somewhere else.

craig November 21, 2007 14:04

Andrej, I am using RHEL 5.0

Andrej,

I am using RHEL 5.0. On the chance that 4.5 files are arranged the same, I can tell you what I had to do to get FoamX running.

1. I made the following symbolic links:

ln -s /lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8b /lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
ln -s /lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8b /lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
ln -s /usr/lib64/elfutils/libebl_x86_64-0.125.so /lib64/libelf.so.0

2. I then found out that I needed to install a 32-bit version of libXp.xo.6. I found the package for the file (xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.2-1.EL.31.i386.rpm) on the Red Hat Nework page. After downloading it, I logged in as root and installed the package.

Since doing all the above, FoamX has worked. I hope this helps you.

Craig

musahossein June 17, 2008 21:21

I am running SUSe linux 10.1 a

I am running SUSe linux 10.1 and get the following error when trying to start up FoamX:

nsd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I thought the latest version of OpenFOAM was compiled using Suse 10.1. Do I need to create soft links or is any one aware whether the missing lib files are available somewhere?

Suggestions / direction would be greatly appreciated.

ngj June 18, 2008 02:41

From this thread in the post j

From this thread in the post just above yours, the solution is described in detail. Do that and you should be running.

On the other hand I can recommend to drop FoamX and set up everything using your favorite text-editor. See the User-Guide tutorials to get a feel of the structure of the files related to a simulation setup.

/ Niels

muthukaalai June 18, 2008 09:16

Another way is to make a copy

Another way is to make a copy of the file libssl.so.0.9.9 and save it as libssl.so.0.9.8
Though softlink would alleviate your problem, this is an alternate method.

I did this in Ubuntu and i guess it will work fairly well for your OS too.

I will also recommend the use OF in text mode as i had spent lot of time in giving the input (very time consuming)

musahossein June 22, 2008 07:21

found it. Thanks

found it. Thanks

jits_aps90 October 23, 2009 07:05

where to find libssl.so.0.9.8 for fedora 11

I installed OpenFOAM on my machine,
blockMesh & icoFoam are running fine for the cavity problem,
but when I execute paraFoam

I get the following message :

error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I am not getting a link for this, please help in finding one.

thanks a lot.