CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Bugs (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-bugs/)
-   -   Fonud a couple of script errors in 1.5-dev (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-bugs/66122-fonud-couple-script-errors-1-5-dev.html)

marupio July 6, 2009 16:42

Fonud a couple of script errors in 1.5-dev
 
Reposting from a thread in OpenFOAM/Installation... the final post:

Found it.
There was a bug in the 1.5-dev buildParaView3.3-cvs script, as well as in the bashrc script under OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/apps/paraview3. See below:

buildParaView3.3-cvs: (lines 42-50)
VERBOSE=OFF
INCLUDE_MPI=OFF
MPI_MAX_PROCS=32
#INCLUDE_PYTHON=OFF
INCLUDE_PYTHON=ON
PYTHON_LIBRARY="/usr/lib64/libpython2.5.so.1.0"
PYTHON_LIBRARY=""
INCLUDE_MESA=OFF

Comment out the second last line. Not sure why it's there.

OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/apps/paraview3/bashrc: (line 45)
export ParaView_INST_DIR=$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR/ParaView-$ParaView_VERSION

Remove the `-`. i.e. change to:
export ParaView_INST_DIR=$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR/ParaView$ParaView_VERSION

I'll be repeating this under 'bugs'.
-dave

gschaider July 7, 2009 05:05

I just checked on 1.5.x and there are similar "issues" there. But I don't think that they are bugs per se, but that they reflect differences between installations (of paraview and python)

Quote:

Originally Posted by marupio (Post 221666)
Reposting from a thread in OpenFOAM/Installation... the final post:

Found it.
There was a bug in the 1.5-dev buildParaView3.3-cvs script, as well as in the bashrc script under OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/apps/paraview3. See below:

buildParaView3.3-cvs: (lines 42-50)
VERBOSE=OFF
INCLUDE_MPI=OFF
MPI_MAX_PROCS=32
#INCLUDE_PYTHON=OFF
INCLUDE_PYTHON=ON
PYTHON_LIBRARY="/usr/lib64/libpython2.5.so.1.0"
PYTHON_LIBRARY=""
INCLUDE_MESA=OFF

You mean the second line with PYTHON_LIBRARY? Leave that and comment out the first one. Otherwise it will only work on 64-bit machines with a python 2.5 installation. Leaving the empty variant SHOULD make cmake search for the python-installation by itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marupio (Post 221666)
Comment out the second last line. Not sure why it's there.

OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/etc/apps/paraview3/bashrc: (line 45)
export ParaView_INST_DIR=$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR/ParaView-$ParaView_VERSION

Remove the `-`. i.e. change to:
export ParaView_INST_DIR=$WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR/ParaView$ParaView_VERSION

This '-' depends on how the sources for Paraview were extracted (To a place with or without '-'

I'm afraid with the stuff in the etc-tree you've got to be aware that you'll have to do some fiddling if you pull them from one of the Source repositiories because there might be some things in there that are different from the binary release

Bernhard

marupio July 7, 2009 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by gschaider (Post 221729)
You mean the second line with PYTHON_LIBRARY? Leave that and comment out the first one. Otherwise it will only work on 64-bit machines with a python 2.5 installation. Leaving the empty variant SHOULD make cmake search for the python-installation by itself.

Fair enough. I guess cmake couldn't find it, or I've messed that up somehow too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gschaider (Post 221729)
This '-' depends on how the sources for Paraview were extracted (To a place with or without '-'

I'm afraid with the stuff in the etc-tree you've got to be aware that you'll have to do some fiddling if you pull them from one of the Source repositiories because there might be some things in there that are different from the binary release

Bernhard

I think the '-' is a typo because it extracted without a '-', and the ParaView2.x bashrc script has it right...

olesen July 8, 2009 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by marupio (Post 221846)
I think the '-' is a typo because it extracted without a '-', and the ParaView2.x bashrc script has it right...

OTOH using a '-' delimiter is consistent with the naming convention used with various other ThirdParty packages (and rpm packages as well, incidentally).
It is also a convention that paraview uses internally too - ie, paraview searches a "lib/paraview-X.Y" path for its own components.

marupio July 8, 2009 09:32

... a bit hypocritical of me, with a typo in the thread title... hehehe.
-dave

gschaider July 8, 2009 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by marupio (Post 221846)
Fair enough. I guess cmake couldn't find it, or I've messed that up somehow too.

In my experience cmake HAS a hard time finding the Python-installation. I guess that is one of the reasons why Python is not enabled in the buildParaview-script by default


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36.