As discussed in a thread related to parallel computation, I've hit a bug in interFoam.
discussion is here: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...-parallel.html
Starting at post #23, I've got the output of the log file, and then on a following post I've included the files I've used. (blockMeshDict etc). I've been running that case serially now with different types of turb models (including laminar), and it runs fine on a single proc. for days. It's just the parallel jobs that die. Sadly, I was hoping for results sooner rather than later ...
Took a while to find out what was wrong. The problem is your blockMesh which contains an unsupported mode of defining a cyclic (on patch1). We've only ever generated cyclics on opposite faces of a block but yours uses neighbouring faces.
- use opposite block faces and have a zero area axis face at the bottom.
- take your generated mesh and use createPatch to do an automatic face reordering. You'll need to add transformation information to your constant/polyMesh/boundary file (attached) and just have a dummy system/createPatchDict. Run createPatch and move the 1e-8/polyMesh back to the constant directory.
thanks, I'll try that.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:06.|