CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Installation on Windows, Mac and other Unsupported Platforms

Compile OF 2.3 on Mac OS X .... the patch

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   August 15, 2014, 00:54
Default Openfoam2.3 on Mac 10.9
  #101
New Member
 
Juimo Pierre
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 4
Roskiki is on a distinguished road
how to compile ThirPArty-2.3.x on mac 10.9?

how to compute in parallel ?

Last edited by Roskiki; August 18, 2014 at 12:23.
Roskiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 06:14
Default
  #102
New Member
 
Ruben Di Battista
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 3
tidusuper91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskiki View Post
how to compile ThirPArty-2.3.x on mac 10.9?

how to compute in parallel ?
If you installed all the Thirdparty utilities with Macports you should not need to compile it.

To test parallel computing try to run a case that uses decomposeParDict.
tidusuper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 13:03
Default
  #103
New Member
 
Ruben Di Battista
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 3
tidusuper91 is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone, I'm not getting errors in the compilation process with Gcc48 (I attached the log) but if I run any OF function (blockMesh, icoFoam on tutorials) i get segmentation fault: 11 error.

Someone can give an hint about that?

LOG: https://mega.co.nz/#!qE9zHKBT!Y_1qx4...x2gDmHmOAGayfY
(It was too big for forum limits)

(I followed these instructions because I had same issues )

PS: I'm on Yosemite
tidusuper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 15:07
Default
  #104
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,837
Rep Power: 38
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidusuper91 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm not getting errors in the compilation process with Gcc48 (I attached the log) but if I run any OF function (blockMesh, icoFoam on tutorials) i get segmentation fault: 11 error.

Someone can give an hint about that?

LOG: https://mega.co.nz/#!qE9zHKBT!Y_1qx4...x2gDmHmOAGayfY
(It was too big for forum limits)

(I followed these instructions because I had same issues )

PS: I'm on Yosemite
You just recently upgraded to Yosimite but installed your MacPorts stuff before on Mavericks? Just a theory. (I think they recommend on the MacPorts-site to reinstall after an OS-update)

I usually wait a couple of weeks before upgrading my Mac OS X. It just makes life so much easier
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 15:21
Default
  #105
New Member
 
Ruben Di Battista
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 3
tidusuper91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschaider View Post
You just recently upgraded to Yosimite but installed your MacPorts stuff before on Mavericks? Just a theory. (I think they recommend on the MacPorts-site to reinstall after an OS-update)

I usually wait a couple of weeks before upgrading my Mac OS X. It just makes life so much easier
Just followed the Migration guide on Macports site: basically they make you reinstall everything after the update.
Moreover it seems that on Macports they are having some troubles with libgcc. They say to have fixed it with Gcc48 and later. I try to update Macports...
tidusuper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 15:43
Default
  #106
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 551
Rep Power: 10
alexeym is on a distinguished road
Hi,

7z? It's good
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 22, 2014, 16:54
Default
  #107
New Member
 
Ruben Di Battista
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 3
tidusuper91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

7z? It's good
Yes but the forum doesn't accept .7z files
tidusuper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   Yesterday, 05:26
Default
  #108
New Member
 
Ruben Di Battista
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 3
tidusuper91 is on a distinguished road
Ok. I confirm that after the update of libgcc and gcc48 I successfully compiled OpenFOAM on Yosemite.

As I have some sparetime I create the new Wiki page.

Thanks gschaider for the patch and the users for the support with the missing linking libraries for interFoam.
tidusuper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   Yesterday, 08:56
Default
  #109
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,837
Rep Power: 38
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidusuper91 View Post
Ok. I confirm that after the update of libgcc and gcc48 I successfully compiled OpenFOAM on Yosemite.

As I have some sparetime I create the new Wiki page.

Thanks gschaider for the patch and the users for the support with the missing linking libraries for interFoam.
Thanks. For

a) running into the fire
b) feedback on the success (not everyone does that)
c) the intention to share your experience on the Wiki
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
y+ and u+ values with low-Re RANS turbulence models: utility + testcase florian_krause OpenFOAM 105 October 15, 2014 12:06
Possible Bug in pimpleFoam (or createPatch) (or fluent3DMeshToFoam) cfdonline2mohsen OpenFOAM 3 October 21, 2013 09:28
CheckMeshbs errors ivanyao OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 2 March 11, 2009 03:34
Import gmsh msh to Foam adorean Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ... 24 April 27, 2005 08:19
Multicomponent fluid Andrea CFX 2 October 11, 2004 05:12


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40.