CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM Installation (
-   -   OpenFOAM with MPI and icc (

swartzism July 15, 2013 09:43

OpenFOAM with MPI and icc
Right now I'm trying to install OpenFOAM on a redhat system and would like to use Intel's compilers and MPI. I've searched through the forums and cannot find a similar topic. Has anyone attempted this or know where to edit the installation source files (../etc/bashrc and ../etc/config/ are the 2 I know of) to make this happen?

Any help is much appreciated.

Linux my-system 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 9 08:03:13 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

wyldckat July 16, 2013 18:08

Greetings swartzism,

I Googled:

intel MPI openfoam
And the first hit was this thread: - I think it has substantial information on how to configure using ICC and Intel MPI, which should still be very similar to the latest OpenFOAM version.

I suggest that you first follow the instructions on this page: - this way you can first be more familiar with the build process and to make sure that you can build OpenFOAM with the system you've got. Oh, and you can change the references from OpenFOAM 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, since it should work just fine as well ;).

Best regards,

swartzism July 17, 2013 15:29

Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting it working before I saw your post. I can give my modifications if anyone is interested.