CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/)
-   -   Error installation OF Kubuntu 13.04 (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/124355-error-installation-kubuntu-13-04-a.html)

Davide-polimi October 3, 2013 03:35

Error installation OF Kubuntu 13.04

Hi everyone, i'm quite fresh of linux and totally fresh of OF. I'm trying to install this program for my thesis but i have some problem. I follow the guide posted in this site, for Ubuntu (http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/In...u#Ubuntu_13.04).
The problem is at the step 6, when i have to build Paraview.
Code:

davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0$ cd $WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR
davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0$ ./makeParaView

ParaView_SOURCE_DIR=/home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/ParaView-3.12.0
ParaView_BINARY_DIR=/home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/build/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
ParaView_DIR=/home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
date-stamp: 2011-07-26

Build stages selected
---------------------
    -config  true
    -make    true
    -install  true
---------------------
Features selected
    mesa      false
    mpi      false
    python    false

qt        true
---------------------
Version information
    qt        4.8.4
    version  3.12.0
    major    3.12
MISMATCH!
    specified 3.12.0
    found   
---------------------
----
Configuring paraview-3.12.0 (major version: 3.12)
    MPI    support : false
    Python support : false
    MESA  support : false

Qt dev support : true
    Source        : /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/ParaView-3.12.0
    Build          : /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/build/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
    Target        : /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
----

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0 -DVTK_USE_TK:BOOL=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON VTK_USE_RPATH:BOOL=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT:BOOL=ON -DPARAVIEW_GENERATE_PROXY_DOCUMENTATION:BOOL=ON -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_THIRD_PARTY_LIBRARIES:BOOL=OFF -DPARAVIEW_GENERATE_PROXY_DOCUMENTATION=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=ON /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/ParaView-3.12.0

----

./makeParaView: 421: ./makeParaView: cmake: not found
    Starting make
make: *** Nessun obiettivo specificato e nessun makefile trovato.  Arresto.
Command exited with non-zero status 2
0.00user 0.00system 0:00.00elapsed 0%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 1228maxresident)k
0inputs+0outputs (0major+367minor)pagefaults 0swaps
    Done make
    Installing ParaView to /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
make: ***  Nessuna regola per generare l'obiettivo "install".  Arresto.
    ---
    Installation complete for paraview-3.12.0
    Set environment variables:

export ParaView_DIR=/home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0
        export PATH=$ParaView_DIR/bin:$PATH
        export PV_PLUGIN_PATH=$FOAM_LIBBIN/paraview-3.12
    ---

Done
davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0$ cd $FOAM_UTILITIES/postProcessing/graphics/PV3Readers
davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/PV3Readers$ wmSET $FOAM_SETTINGS
davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/PV3Readers$ ./Allwclean
+ wclean libso vtkPV3Readers
wclean vtkPV3Readers
+ PV3blockMeshReader/Allwclean
+ rm -f /home/davide/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libPV3blockMeshReader*
+ rm -rf PV3blockMeshReader/Make
+ wclean libso vtkPV3blockMesh
wclean vtkPV3blockMesh
+ PV3FoamReader/Allwclean
+ rm -f /home/davide/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libPV3FoamReader*
+ rm -rf PV3FoamReader/Make
+ wclean libso vtkPV3Foam
wclean vtkPV3Foam
davide@davide-VPCCW1S1E:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/PV3Readers$ ./Allwmake
ERROR: ParaView not found in /home/davide/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.0/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0

The problems are those in red. I don't know if the orange problems are or not really problems. The red one in the end, i'm sure that is a problem..:(
Anyone can help me, please?

Davide-polimi October 3, 2013 10:17

Already solve..

pandajjing October 24, 2013 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davide-polimi (Post 454891)
Already solve..

I have met the same problem with you,please tell me how to solve it!Thank you very much!

wyldckat October 26, 2013 08:56

Greetings to all! And pandajjing, welcome to the forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandajjing (Post 458881)
I have met the same problem with you,please tell me how to solve it!Thank you very much!

In theory, all that was missing was to run this command:
Code:

sudo apt-get install cmake
Best regards,
Bruno