CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   OpenFOAM Installation (
-   -   Help Error Installation of openfoam15dev (

loneboard February 4, 2009 08:11

When I try to set up 1.5-dev i
When I try to set up 1.5-dev in the suse 10.3 system.

After complied, try to execute the foamInstallationTest. But there is the error information. Please help me, I feel crazy now.

Third party software
Software Version Location
gcc 4.3.1 ...penFOAM/ThirdParty/gcc-4.3.1/platforms/linux64/bin/gcc
gzip 1.3.12 /usr/bin/gzip
tar 1.17 /bin/tar
WARNING: Conflicting installations:
OpenFOAM settings : /home/cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/icoFoam
current path :

dmoroian February 4, 2009 09:28

It says that you miss icoFoam,
It says that you miss icoFoam, so probably the compilation did not go through as it should.
Try this:

cd applications/solvers/incompressible
wmake icoFoam

After this, try again foamInstallationTest.

loneboard February 4, 2009 09:49

Thanks for your reply. I have
Thanks for your reply. I have tried as you advise. and now .

++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DDP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -march=opteron -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/home /cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/hom e/cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/cui/OpenFOAM/Open FOAM-1.5-dev/src/OSspecific/Unix/lnInclude -fPIC Make/linux64GccDPOpt/icoFoam. o -L/home/cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/lib/linux64GccDPOpt \
-lfiniteVolume -llduSolvers -lOpenFOAM -liberty -ldl -lm -o /home /cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/icoFoam
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfiniteVolume
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/cui/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.5-dev/applications/bin/linux64GccDPOpt/ icoFoam] Error 1

elorriaux February 4, 2009 10:13

Hello, your linker cannot f

your linker cannot find the finiteVolume library, it means it has not been compiled, or that your environment variables are not set correctly (check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH)

Relaunch the entire compilation and CHECK that the compilation runs fine from the beginning.

Resolve your problems from the beginning (first errors received during the compilation).

Good luck ;)

dkingsley February 4, 2009 10:24

Another hint is that the Flex
Another hint is that the Flex option '--c++' causes the version of Flex on my machine to fail, I replaced it with '-+' until I have the time to install a newer version Flex.

Flex failing to parse files caused the finiteVolume library to not compile correctly, when I rebuilt OF1.5.x from the GIT repository this week.