CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/)
-   -   calcMassFlow with OF15-debian-package (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/66079-calcmassflow-of15-debian-package.html)

fightingfalcon23 July 5, 2009 08:38

calcMassFlow with OF15-debian-package
 
Hi all together,

I switched back vom jaunty to intrepid and for installation of OpenFoam and Paraview I used the packages on the following site:

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...ntu-810-a.html

All works fine. But I´m not able to compile calcMassFlow anymore. You need the src-folder with the files of OpenFOAM to compile it and in the package-Version, this files are missing. Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot
ff23

gschaider July 6, 2009 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingfalcon23 (Post 221513)
I switched back vom jaunty to intrepid and for installation of OpenFoam and Paraview I used the packages on the following site:

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...ntu-810-a.html

All works fine. But I´m not able to compile calcMassFlow anymore. You need the src-folder with the files of OpenFOAM to compile it and in the package-Version, this files are missing. Can someone help me?

Wow. An OpenFOAM-installation without src. That is like .... Windows without the Internet-Explorer ... OK. Bad example ..... C++ without templates ... better example: usable but not much fun

Obviously the packager had the good intention to not give the sources to "regular users", the way usual packages do. Maybe he had the good sense to roll an additional package openfoam-devel or similar that adds the sources. Look for that

fightingfalcon23 July 8, 2009 05:47

Thank you Bernd for your answer! At first, it was not the answer, I hoped for. But than I found the package you talked about! Now I have the src-folder!

But I have already a problem installing calcMassFlow:

OF is not installed in the home-directory, but in the path usr/lib/OpenFoam-1.5!

When I copy the files of calcMassFlow to /home/<User>/OpenFOAM/<user>-1.5/applications/calcMassFlow, i get the following error while using wmake:

g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DDP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -march=opteron -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OSspecific/Unix/lnInclude -fPIC Make/linux64Gcc/calcMassFlow.o -L/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/lib \
-lfiniteVolume -lOpenFOAM -liberty -ldl -lm -o /home/sebastian/OpenFOAM/sebastian-1.5/applications/bin/calcMassFlow
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liberty
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [/home/sebastian/OpenFOAM/sebastian-1.5/applications/bin/calcMassFlow] Fehler 1

How can I fix this error?

gschaider July 8, 2009 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingfalcon23 (Post 221887)
When I copy the files of calcMassFlow to /home/<User>/OpenFOAM/<user>-1.5/applications/calcMassFlow, i get the following error while using wmake:

g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DDP -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -march=opteron -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-40 -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/src/OSspecific/Unix/lnInclude -fPIC Make/linux64Gcc/calcMassFlow.o -L/usr/lib/OpenFOAM-1.5/lib \
-lfiniteVolume -lOpenFOAM -liberty -ldl -lm -o /home/sebastian/OpenFOAM/sebastian-1.5/applications/bin/calcMassFlow
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liberty
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [/home/sebastian/OpenFOAM/sebastian-1.5/applications/bin/calcMassFlow] Fehler 1

The missing library is (on my system, your milage may vary) installed by the package binutils-devel. But THAT (missing libiberty.a) was already discussed eleswhere on the board

Bernhard

fightingfalcon23 July 8, 2009 16:54

At first: sorry for confusing Bernd with Bernhard!

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and after installing the package binutils-dev, the compilation worked fine! Thank you for the tip!

gschaider July 9, 2009 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingfalcon23 (Post 221887)
Thank you Bernd for your answer! At first, it was not the answer, I hoped for. But than I found the package you talked about! Now I have the src-folder!

Maybe you should contact the packager and suggest to move the wmake-folder from the "binary" to the "devel" package. wmake without the src doesn'T make sense and the problem would be easier to detect ("missing wmake" or similar)

Bernhard


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:17.