CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/)
-   -   ParaView Problems on Linux (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/69594-paraview-problems-linux.html)

DKLW October 28, 2009 07:58

ParaView Problems on Linux

Hi all,

I was trying to get openFoam to run on my SuSe Linux machine, which i thought should be straight forward - but I ran into some problems with getting paraFoam/paraView to run.

I downloaded the binary distributions from the webpage, and blockMesh + icofoam both run smoothly. However, when I try to run parafoam, I receive the following error:

paraview-real: error while loading shared libraries: libQtAssistantClient.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I went on to download Qt and did a configure - make - make install, then also makeQT in $WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR. That seemed fine except that I got some warnings about line number 0.

I went on to do makeParaview -qmake <path to qmake>, and that showed a couple of errors:

a long list of " :505: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.weakref' " followed by
make[3]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Chart/CMakeFiles/vtkQtChart.dir/vtkQtChartArea.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Chart/CMakeFiles/vtkQtChart.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/HTMLDocumentation.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [HTMLDocumentation] Error 2
Installing ParaView to /users/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.6/paraview-3.6.1/platforms/linux64Gcc
disabled 'make install' for now, just use links

I am pretty clueless as to what to do now.. can anyone help please?

Many thanks!

DKLW October 30, 2009 14:06

bump.

anyone has any idea maybe please? :confused:

Cheers

Don

Fed11 October 30, 2009 19:14

Hi DKLW,
Did you check (see section 7 in readme file) if cmake-2.6.4 is available in ThirdParty? when I downloaded the package, it wasn't there for me. If not you need to install it

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLW (Post 234322)
Hi all,

I was trying to get openFoam to run on my SuSe Linux machine, which i thought should be straight forward - but I ran into some problems with getting paraFoam/paraView to run.

I downloaded the binary distributions from the webpage, and blockMesh + icofoam both run smoothly. However, when I try to run parafoam, I receive the following error:

paraview-real: error while loading shared libraries: libQtAssistantClient.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I went on to download Qt and did a configure - make - make install, then also makeQT in $WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR. That seemed fine except that I got some warnings about line number 0.

I went on to do makeParaview -qmake <path to qmake>, and that showed a couple of errors:

a long list of " :505: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.weakref' " followed by
make[3]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Chart/CMakeFiles/vtkQtChart.dir/vtkQtChartArea.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Chart/CMakeFiles/vtkQtChart.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/HTMLDocumentation.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [HTMLDocumentation] Error 2
Installing ParaView to /users/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.6/paraview-3.6.1/platforms/linux64Gcc
disabled 'make install' for now, just use links

I am pretty clueless as to what to do now.. can anyone help please?

Many thanks!

DKLW October 31, 2009 03:56

Yes it's there. I have noticed that myself and have downloaded it. I did have to include the path to the binary executable to $PATH too, in order for it to find cmake... :confused:

alberto October 31, 2009 21:22

What SUSE Linux version?

Keep in mind that

• On openSUSE 11.1 you do not need to compile Qt, cmake and other tools. Just install qt4-devel in YaST, then rebuild paraview and paraFoam as explained in the OpenFOAM readme.
  • If you work on a 64 bit system, you need to download the thirdparty package at 32 bit, and take cmake (only cmake) from it, and put it in your ThirdParty directory (where you extracted the 64 bit third party package), since it was not included in the 64 bit distribution.
Complete instructions for OF 1.6.x here: http://albertopassalacqua.com/?p=387

Best,