CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/)
-   -   Paraview 3.8 installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/80219-paraview-3-8-installation.html)

athlonshi September 19, 2010 14:44

Paraview 3.8 installation

Okay, I have finally made OpenFOAM working on my ubuntu 9.04, but still have problem with Paraview.
I believe I have updated QT with these packages, libqt4-core libqt4-dev libqt4-gui qt4-dev-tools. The QT version on my system is 4.5.2
Compiling Paraview encountered an error:
Code:

[  8%] Building CXX object Qt/Widgets/CMakeFiles/pqWidgets.dir/moc_pqColorChooserButton.cxx.o
QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Cannot open data base file /home/yushi/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.1/platforms/build-linux64Gcc/paraview-3.8.0/Documentation/paraview.qch!
Building up file structure...
make[2]: *** [Documentation/paraview.qch] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Documentation/CMakeFiles/ParaViewOnlineHelp.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

So, finally, the log file showed
Code:

QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Cannot open data base file /home/yushi/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.1/platforms/build-linux64Gcc/paraview-3.8.0/Documentation/paraview.qch!
Building up file structure...
make[2]: *** [Documentation/paraview.qch] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Documentation/CMakeFiles/ParaViewOnlineHelp.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Since the QSQLITE has been installed, I think the error is somewhat related to the path, but really don't know how to fix it. Does any one have suggestions? Thanks very much!

wyldckat September 19, 2010 15:52

Greetings Yu Shi,

In Ubuntu 9.04, the following package isn't installed by default with those packages you listed:
Code:

libqt4-sql-sqlite
Additionally, after inspecting the packages for Qt4 in Synaptic, it looks to me that libqt4-gui isn't the best option... libqt4-assistant would be the best option. Nonetheless, libqt4-gui seems to be a transitional package, and it should refer to the proper packages!

Best regards,
Bruno

athlonshi September 19, 2010 19:40

Thanks, Bruno!
I tried to installed libqt4-sql-sqlite after I installed all aforementioned packages, but Ubuntu reminds me that my libqt4-sql-sqlite is already the latest version.

But I saw you described how to use pre-built paraview, I think I will try that also.

Yu
Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldckat (Post 275750)
Greetings Yu Shi,

In Ubuntu 9.04, the following package isn't installed by default with those packages you listed:
Code:

libqt4-sql-sqlite
Additionally, after inspecting the packages for Qt4 in Synaptic, it looks to me that libqt4-gui isn't the best option... libqt4-assistant would be the best option. Nonetheless, libqt4-gui seems to be a transitional package, and it should refer to the proper packages!

Best regards,
Bruno