CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Installation

Error compiling OpenFOAM-1.6-ext

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree5Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 30, 2010, 10:50
Default
  #21
Senior Member
 
lakeat's Avatar
 
Daniel WEI (老魏)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Posts: 688
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 12
lakeat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to lakeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastil View Post
For different reasons I do not want to use the new procedure:
  • I already have all the tools compiled
  • I can not use wget behind my proxy
So I am looking for a way to simply modify the environment. However I can not see which .csh/sh-Files are used to modify the environment after each stage? I guess they are build after compiling each stage but it would be VERY helpful to have them available.
They (.csh/sh-Files) are quite simple, just look at the SPEC files, you'll see how they are generated.
__________________
~
Daniel WEI
-------------
NatHaz Modeling Laboratory
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences
University of Notre Dame, USA
Email || My Personal CFD Blog
lakeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 17:26
Default
  #22
Senior Member
 
David Boger
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penn State Applied Research Laboratory
Posts: 146
Rep Power: 8
boger is on a distinguished road
I was able to pull the correction in commit 4fcfce1 (thanks Martin and Philippose), but a subsequent top-level Allwmake still leaves me with "no such file" errors on MsqIMesh.hpp, MsqIGeom.hpp, and MsqIRel.hpp. Is there something I need to do to "clean out" mesquite-2.1.2 in order for the correction to have an effect?

Ah - in retrospect, I see that the configure is run with --disable-imesh etc., whereas --enable-imesh would be needed for the .hpp file to be installed.
__________________
David A. Boger

Last edited by boger; November 30, 2010 at 17:49.
boger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 21:17
Default
  #23
Senior Member
 
Pei-Ying Hsieh
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Rep Power: 9
phsieh2005 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I have the following errors in stage 4. How can I initialize QT-DIR? Will it fix the /bin/qmake issue too?

Thanks!

Pei-Ying
--------------------
========================================
Starting ThirdParty AllMake: Stage4
========================================

WARNING: Skipping the installation of ParaView-3.8.1.
WARNING: Please initialize the QT_DIR environment variable to your QT installation directory.
WARNING: The command /bin/qmake needs to be valid
WARNING:
========================================
Done ThirdParty AllMake: Stage4
========================================
phsieh2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 21:20
Default
  #24
Senior Member
 
lakeat's Avatar
 
Daniel WEI (老魏)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Posts: 688
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 12
lakeat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to lakeat
I guess you could solve that by setting
export QT_DIR=/usr
before compile paraview.
But I am bot sure.
__________________
~
Daniel WEI
-------------
NatHaz Modeling Laboratory
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences
University of Notre Dame, USA
Email || My Personal CFD Blog
lakeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 22:17
Default
  #25
Senior Member
 
Martin Beaudoin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 13
mbeaudoin will become famous soon enough
Hello Bastil,

I will contribute some modification for setting up the OF environment variables when you want to reuse your system-installed ThirdParty packages instead. You won't need any .csh/.sh files for this. Please note that this will need some additional testing before releasing, so thank you for your patience.

If you are in a hurry, then you can always download the various tarballs from another machine with a working wget command, and transfer the tarballs under the directory ThirdParty/rpmBuild/SOURCES. When the compilation scripts detect that the package tarball is already available, then wget is no longer invoke.

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastil View Post
For different reasons I do not want to use the new procedure:
  • I already have all the tools compiled
  • I can not use wget behind my proxy
So I am looking for a way to simply modify the environment. However I can not see which .csh/sh-Files are used to modify the environment after each stage? I guess they are build after compiling each stage but it would be VERY helpful to have them available.
mbeaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 22:21
Default
  #26
Senior Member
 
David Boger
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penn State Applied Research Laboratory
Posts: 146
Rep Power: 8
boger is on a distinguished road
Probably right. The error message in AllMake.stage4 actually says
Code:
echo "WARNING: The command $QT_DIR/bin/qmake needs to be valid"
and $QT_DIR is expanding to an empty string in phsieh's case. I think single quotes instead of double or else a backslash in front of the $ would make the warning message more readable.
__________________
David A. Boger
boger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 22:30
Default
  #27
Senior Member
 
Martin Beaudoin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 13
mbeaudoin will become famous soon enough
Hello David,

This is a nagging little problem. I though we nailed it down properly with the fix contributed by Philippose, but it looks like we need to revisit this one yet again.

Basically, all the configuration parameters for compiling Mesquite were recommended by Sandeep Menon, so I basically applied the same recipe.

I don't mind changing the configure parameters as long as the compiled mesquite library is still usable by OF-1.6-ext. I will contact Sandeep in order to get some advices over this one.

In the meantime, would you mind telling me on what platform/OS you are experiencing this problem? I am having a very hard time replicating this problem, and I am using 6 different Unix flavours for testing the new ThirdParty packages setup, to no avail...

Thank you for your input!

Martin



Quote:
Originally Posted by dab143psuedu View Post
I was able to pull the correction in commit 4fcfce1 (thanks Martin and Philippose), but a subsequent top-level Allwmake still leaves me with "no such file" errors on MsqIMesh.hpp, MsqIGeom.hpp, and MsqIRel.hpp. Is there something I need to do to "clean out" mesquite-2.1.2 in order for the correction to have an effect?

Ah - in retrospect, I see that the configure is run with --disable-imesh etc., whereas --enable-imesh would be needed for the .hpp file to be installed.
mbeaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 22:30
Default
  #28
Senior Member
 
Martin Beaudoin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 13
mbeaudoin will become famous soon enough
Yup, noted.

Thanks!

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab143psuedu View Post
Probably right. The error message in AllMake.stage4 actually says
Code:
echo "WARNING: The command $QT_DIR/bin/qmake needs to be valid"
and $QT_DIR is expanding to an empty string in phsieh's case. I think single quotes instead of double or else a backslash in front of the $ would make the warning message more readable.
mbeaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 22:38
Default
  #29
Senior Member
 
lakeat's Avatar
 
Daniel WEI (老魏)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Posts: 688
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 12
lakeat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to lakeat
And, I mean no discouragement, I love the rpm idea too, it works very well in my laptop, and personal workstation, but since I met problems in installing the packages in our campus' high performance computer using rpm, which then makes me think, that whether rpm is a good idea for a "general" installation.

I advice that another way be simultaneously provided or kept, that is the way simply through something like Allwmake as in old Thirdparty dir. For not all the hardware setting is very suitable for rpm. We should give users more flexibility to install the packages more "manually".

And also I found the new scotch compilation is little tricky in some computer architecture, the Makefile.inc just doesn't work very well.
__________________
~
Daniel WEI
-------------
NatHaz Modeling Laboratory
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences
University of Notre Dame, USA
Email || My Personal CFD Blog
lakeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 23:48
Default
  #30
Senior Member
 
David Boger
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penn State Applied Research Laboratory
Posts: 146
Rep Power: 8
boger is on a distinguished road
I'm using OpenSUSE 11.1, so I don't know if you want to bother replicating that one! Besides, looking into it, I see now why the fix contributed by Philippose should work. I just think that having already compiled mesquite, the damage was done and that I needed to wipe out mesquite and recompile it for the correction to take effect. Short of that, removing the pesky files from the Mesquite_all_headers.hpp is probably an easier patch than copying the files from the original src as suggested above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeaudoin View Post
Hello David,
This is a nagging little problem. I though we nailed it down properly with the fix contributed by Philippose, but it looks like we need to revisit this one yet again.

Basically, all the configuration parameters for compiling Mesquite were recommended by Sandeep Menon, so I basically applied the same recipe.

I don't mind changing the configure parameters as long as the compiled mesquite library is still usable by OF-1.6-ext. I will contact Sandeep in order to get some advices over this one.
__________________
David A. Boger
boger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 00:31
Default
  #31
Senior Member
 
David Boger
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penn State Applied Research Laboratory
Posts: 146
Rep Power: 8
boger is on a distinguished road
And sure enough, Martin, of course you were right. With the latest commits, once I deleted mesquite from the packages and RPMs directories and re-ran the AllMake.stage3, all was well with the mesquite header files. Sorry for getting you off on a wild goose chase!
__________________
David A. Boger
boger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 00:45
Default
  #32
Senior Member
 
Martin Beaudoin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 13
mbeaudoin will become famous soon enough
Good news! Looks like we can put that one to rest.

Martin


Quote:
Originally Posted by dab143psuedu View Post
And sure enough, Martin, of course you were right. With the latest commits, once I deleted mesquite from the packages and RPMs directories and re-ran the AllMake.stage3, all was well with the mesquite header files. Sorry for getting you off on a wild goose chase!
mbeaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 04:49
Default Compilation in SP
  #33
Senior Member
 
BastiL
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 471
Rep Power: 11
bastil is on a distinguished road
I ran into a problem with compiling 1.6-ext in SP. Where can I report a bug - it is not yet in the Bug-tracker?

Regards Bastian
bastil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 08:49
Default compile ThirdParty packages
  #34
Senior Member
 
Pei-Ying Hsieh
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Rep Power: 9
phsieh2005 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I have a much simpler issue and will appreciate if someone here can help.

I have a computer that is not connected to the internet. When I issued the AllMake command in ThridParty, it looks like the script tried to download the source codes of the packages from the internet, and of course, failed. I can download all the packages manually from another computer which has access to internet, but, where do I put the source codes? Will the AllMake script knows where to find these packages without going to internet?

Pei
phsieh2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 09:16
Default
  #35
Senior Member
 
David Boger
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penn State Applied Research Laboratory
Posts: 146
Rep Power: 8
boger is on a distinguished road
Look in ThirdParty/tools/makeThirdPartyFunctionsForRPM. On line 78, it checks first to see whether the "packageTarBall" is in the SOURCES directory (assuming it has not already found the rpm file).
__________________
David A. Boger
boger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 13:08
Default
  #36
Senior Member
 
Pei-Ying Hsieh
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Rep Power: 9
phsieh2005 is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot David and Daniel!

After seeting QT_DIR=/usr, paraview compiled, but, I got several link errors. Do I have to long in as root or use sudo?

Pei-Ying
---------------------
+ echo 'Generating OpenFOAM specific .csh and .sh files for the package ParaView-3.8.1'
Generating OpenFOAM specific .csh and .sh files for the package ParaView-3.8.1
+ echo ''

+ mkdir -p /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64//home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/etc
+ cat
+ cat
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-lib64-linux
sf@suse.de: if you find problems with this script, drop me a note
+ RPM_BUILD_ROOT=/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
+ export RPM_BUILD_ROOT
+ test -x /usr/sbin/Check -a 1001 = 0 -o -x /usr/sbin/Check -a '!' -z /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
+ echo 'I call /usr/sbin/Check...'
I call /usr/sbin/Check...
+ /usr/sbin/Check
Checking permissions and ownerships - using the permissions files
/tmp/Check.perms.j0x42f
setting /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64/ to root:root 0755. (wrong owner/group hsieh:users)
setting /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64/home/ to root:root 0755. (wrong owner/group hsieh:users)
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-symlink
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/lib -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/lib64
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/bin -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/bin
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt3 -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/lib/qt3
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/unstable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/idl -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/unstable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/sdk/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/stable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/sdk/idl -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/stable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
INFO: relinking /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/ooo3/share/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/oacnGn_/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt -> /usr/lib64/ooo3/share/extension/install/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt (was /usr/lib64/ooo3/share/extension/install/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt/)
error: Bad exit status from /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.v6e24b (%install)


RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.v6e24b (%install)
Installing package: ParaView-3.8.1
Uninstalling ParaView-3.8.1 using RPM: ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
Installing ParaView-3.8.1 using RPM file: /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/RPMS/x86_64/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64.rpm
error: open of /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/RPMS/x86_64/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64.rpm failed: No such file or directory
Done installing package ParaView-3.8.1

========================================
Done ThirdParty AllMake: Stage4
========================================

========================================
Done ThirdParty Allwmake
========================================
phsieh2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 23:13
Default
  #37
Senior Member
 
Martin Beaudoin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 13
mbeaudoin will become famous soon enough
Hello,

Some important information is missing here:

What platform/OS are you using?
What is the version of QT installed on your machine?

Martin


Quote:
Originally Posted by phsieh2005 View Post
Thanks a lot David and Daniel!

After seeting QT_DIR=/usr, paraview compiled, but, I got several link errors. Do I have to long in as root or use sudo?

Pei-Ying
---------------------
+ echo 'Generating OpenFOAM specific .csh and .sh files for the package ParaView-3.8.1'
Generating OpenFOAM specific .csh and .sh files for the package ParaView-3.8.1
+ echo ''

+ mkdir -p /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64//home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/etc
+ cat
+ cat
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-lib64-linux
sf@suse.de: if you find problems with this script, drop me a note
+ RPM_BUILD_ROOT=/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
+ export RPM_BUILD_ROOT
+ test -x /usr/sbin/Check -a 1001 = 0 -o -x /usr/sbin/Check -a '!' -z /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
+ echo 'I call /usr/sbin/Check...'
I call /usr/sbin/Check...
+ /usr/sbin/Check
Checking permissions and ownerships - using the permissions files
/tmp/Check.perms.j0x42f
setting /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64/ to root:root 0755. (wrong owner/group hsieh:users)
setting /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/BUILDROOT/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64/home/ to root:root 0755. (wrong owner/group hsieh:users)
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-symlink
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/lib -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/lib64
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt4/bin -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/bin
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/qt3 -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/lib/qt3
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/unstable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/idl -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/unstable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/sdk/include -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/stable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
ERROR: link target doesn't exist (neither in build root nor in installed system):
/home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.13/sdk/idl -> /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.13/stable
Add the package providing the target to neededforbuild and Requires
INFO: relinking /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/packages/ParaView-3.8.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/paraview-3.8/ooo3/share/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/oacnGn_/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt -> /usr/lib64/ooo3/share/extension/install/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt (was /usr/lib64/ooo3/share/extension/install/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt/)
error: Bad exit status from /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.v6e24b (%install)


RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.v6e24b (%install)
Installing package: ParaView-3.8.1
Uninstalling ParaView-3.8.1 using RPM: ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64
Installing ParaView-3.8.1 using RPM file: /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/RPMS/x86_64/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64.rpm
error: open of /home/hsieh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6-ext/ThirdParty/rpmBuild/RPMS/x86_64/ParaView-3.8.1-linux64GccDPOpt.x86_64.rpm failed: No such file or directory
Done installing package ParaView-3.8.1

========================================
Done ThirdParty AllMake: Stage4
========================================

========================================
Done ThirdParty Allwmake
========================================
mbeaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 2, 2010, 08:50
Default
  #38
Senior Member
 
Pei-Ying Hsieh
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Rep Power: 9
phsieh2005 is on a distinguished road
Hi, Martin,

I am using OpenSUSE 11.3 64 bit OS. AMD Phenom II 955 CPU.
I believe that my QT version is 4.6.3-2.1.1

Thanks!

Pei-Ying
phsieh2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2010, 01:47
Default
  #39
New Member
 
Norbert Vogl
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
novog is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I found the same behavior also on OpenSUSE 11.3 64 bit.
It seems that the rpm procedure copies a lot of files from the /usr/lib directory to the rpm installation directory. (I found there a copy of yast2!)

Norbert
novog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2010, 05:58
Default
  #40
Member
 
cosimo bianchini
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 8
cosimobianchini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to cosimobianchini
I also got same error message on SUSE both for 11.2 and 11.3.
My Qt are respectively 4.5.3 and 4.6.3.
__________________
Cosimo Bianchini

Energy Engineering Department "S. Stecco"
University of Florence
Via di S.Marta, 3
50139 Florence - ITALY
Tel: +39 055 4796575
Fax: +39 055 4796342
Mob: +39 320 9460153
e-mail: cosimo.bianchini@htc.de.unifi.it
URL: www.htc.de.unifi.it
cosimobianchini is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OpenFOAM 1.6 and 1.7 with interFoam, groovyBC give different strange results Arnoldinho OpenFOAM 7 December 9, 2010 17:29
Cross-compiling OpenFOAM 1.7.0 on Linux for Windows 32 and 64bits with Mingw-w64 wyldckat OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources 3 September 8, 2010 06:25
kOmegaSST in openfoam 1.6 Gearb0x OpenFOAM 2 March 3, 2010 07:02
Cross-compiling OpenFOAM 1.6 on Linux for Windows 32 and 64bits with Mingw-w64 wyldckat OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources 7 January 19, 2010 16:39
OpenFOAM Version 1.6 Released opencfd OpenFOAM Announcements from ESI-OpenCFD 0 July 27, 2009 17:55


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:40.