CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Installation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/)
-   -   how to install the funkySetFields of version 2.0.1 (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/94092-how-install-funkysetfields-version-2-0-1-a.html)

zakir hussain November 5, 2011 01:39

how to install the funkySetFields of version 2.0.1

hello everybody
The first qustion is that how to get the funkySetFields of version 2.0.x?The next question is how to install the svn? when i run the commond :
sudo apt-get install subversion it appeared that :
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/cn.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_natty_main_bina ry-i386_Packages

How can I deal with my problem?
I have refer to the website:http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Co...funkySetFields
But without any progress.

Thanks.

wyldckat November 5, 2011 04:00

Greetings Zakir and welcome to the forum!

Quoting the funkySetFields page:
Code:

Note: Active development of funkySetFields now takes place in swak4Foam  so please have a look there for more up-to-date versions. Support for  this version of funkySetFields is discontinued with OpenFOAM 2.0.
As for the error message you are getting, by googling with the keywords:
Code:

Ubuntu Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt
I got this as first result: http://www.ihaveapc.com/2011/05/how-...-ubuntu-11-04/

Best regards,
Bruno

zakir hussain November 5, 2011 07:38

about the swak4Foam

hello wyldckat
Thank you for your help.But I can't download the swak4Foam of version 2.0 because i don't have the svn. Could you upload it here?

Regards

zakir.

wyldckat November 5, 2011 08:13

Hi Zakir,

Sorry about that, I forgot to give you the direct link.. you can download a tarball yourself from here: http://openfoam-extend.svn.sourcefor...ies/swak4Foam/ - click on the link "Download GNU tarball" on that page.

To unpack the downloaded tarball, run:
Code:

tar -xzf openfoam-extend-swak4Foam.tar.gz
Best regards,
Bruno

zakir hussain November 5, 2011 09:55

hi Bruno
Thank you for your help. I have download swak4Foam sucessfully. but when i compiled
the Foam, it occured that :
/bin/sh: bison:not found
How can i deal with the problem?

I am new to linux.

Regard.

zakir

wyldckat November 5, 2011 14:00

Hi Zakir,

Run:
Code:

sudo apt-get install bison
Best regards,
Bruno

Alhasan April 12, 2013 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldckat (Post 330825)
Hi Zakir,

Sorry about that, I forgot to give you the direct link.. you can download a tarball yourself from here: http://openfoam-extend.svn.sourcefor...ies/swak4Foam/ - click on the link "Download GNU tarball" on that page.

Code:

Best regards,
Bruno

Hey, i am not able to download from that link the FunkySetsField for openFOAM 2.0.x or 2.1.x is there any other way i can get to it even the SGV file is not opening..!!! can u upload the Tar.gz file here by any chance :)

thanks a lot
hasan.

Alhasan April 12, 2013 20:18

:confused::confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldckat (Post 330825)
Hi Zakir,

Code:

Best regards,
Bruno

Hey, i am not able to download from that link the FunkySetsField for openFOAM 2.0.x or 2.1.x is there any other way i can get to it even the SVN file is not opening..!!! can u upload the Tar.gz file here by any chance :) or mail or someother link

thanks a lot
hasan.

gschaider April 13, 2013 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alhasan (Post 420225)
:confused::confused:
Hey, i am not able to download from that link the FunkySetsField for openFOAM 2.0.x or 2.1.x is there any other way i can get to it even the SVN file is not opening..!!! can u upload the Tar.gz file here by any chance :) or mail or someother link

thanks a lot
hasan.

Have a look at http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Co...am#Downloading why this currently is not possible and what the alternatives are

Alhasan April 13, 2013 06:47

Hey,
every where it says swak4Foam and i am not able to download from the openFOAM wiki link on the SVN https://openfoam-extend.svn.sourcefo...ies/swak4Foam/ or on thehttp://openfoam-extend.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openfoam-extend/trunk/Breeder_2.0/libraries/swak4Foam/ Download GNU tarball

that is why i had asked if u could upload is there any other way
thank you,
hasan.

gschaider April 13, 2013 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alhasan (Post 420270)
Hey,
every where it says swak4Foam and i am not able to download from the openFOAM wiki link on the SVN https://openfoam-extend.svn.sourcefo...ies/swak4Foam/ or on thehttp://openfoam-extend.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openfoam-extend/trunk/Breeder_2.0/libraries/swak4Foam/ Download GNU tarball

that is why i had asked if u could upload is there any other way
thank you,
hasan.

Please read a bit further down on the link I gave you "Temporary download to replace closes SVN" .... the links to those tarballs work

Alhasan April 13, 2013 16:29

Thanks a LOT... atlast... thanks for mentioning it.... i have ADD .. i would have never figured out that link if u dint .. :D
thanks,
hasan.

gschaider April 14, 2013 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alhasan (Post 420332)
Thanks a LOT... atlast... thanks for mentioning it.... i have ADD .. i would have never figured out that link if u dint .. :D
thanks,
hasan.

If the text was unclear please make a suggestion to improve it. If it wasn't please make it a habit to read paragraphs till the end. It's a bit frustrating to go through the effort of writing supplying that stuff and then having to push people at it as well

k.kshitij July 18, 2013 04:47

Hi All,
I'm trying to install Swak4Foam_2.x_release_0.2.3 for OpenFOAM-2.2.0 and getting the following error,
HTML Code:

No 'swakConfiguration'. Python etc won't work
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Bison is version 2.5
Flex is version 2.5.35 (Minor version: 35)
OpenFOAM-version: Major 2 Minor 2 Patch 0 (-1 == x)
No change to swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H
SOURCE=repositories/MeshesRepository.C ;  g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -IMake/linux64GccDPOpt      -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/sampling/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/fileFormats/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude  -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/MeshesRepository.o
repositories/MeshesRepository.C: In member function ‘Foam::scalar Foam::MeshesRepository::setTime(const Foam::word&, Foam::scalar, Foam::label)’:
repositories/MeshesRepository.C:299:59: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*>::HashTable(Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>)’
repositories/MeshesRepository.C:299:59: note: candidates are:
In file included from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.H:555:0,
                from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashPtrTable.H:39,
                from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/PtrMap.H:38,
                from repositories/MeshesRepository.H:50,
                from repositories/MeshesRepository.C:37:
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:79:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(const Foam::Xfer<Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash> >&) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:79:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘const Foam::Xfer<Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*> >&’
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:55:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(const Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>&) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:55:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘const Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*>&’
In file included from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:612:0,
                from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.H:555,
                from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashPtrTable.H:39,
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTableIO.C:33:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(Foam::Istream&, Foam::label) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash; Foam::label = int]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTableIO.C:33:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘Foam::Istream&’
In file included from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.H:555:0,
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:35:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(Foam::label) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash; Foam::label = int]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:35:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘Foam::label {aka int}’
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/MeshesRepository.o] Error 1
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it
Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on

can anybody tell me what is going wrong.

gschaider July 18, 2013 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by k.kshitij (Post 440483)
Hi All,
I'm trying to install Swak4Foam_2.x_release_0.2.3 for OpenFOAM-2.2.0 and getting the following error,
HTML Code:

No 'swakConfiguration'. Python etc won't work
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Bison is version 2.5
Flex is version 2.5.35 (Minor version: 35)
OpenFOAM-version: Major 2 Minor 2 Patch 0 (-1 == x)
No change to swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H
SOURCE=repositories/MeshesRepository.C ;  g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -IMake/linux64GccDPOpt      -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/sampling/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/fileFormats/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude  -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/MeshesRepository.o
repositories/MeshesRepository.C: In member function ‘Foam::scalar Foam::MeshesRepository::setTime(const Foam::word&, Foam::scalar, Foam::label)’:
repositories/MeshesRepository.C:299:59: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*>::HashTable(Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>)’
repositories/MeshesRepository.C:299:59: note: candidates are:
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:79:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(const Foam::Xfer<Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash> >&) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:79:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘const Foam::Xfer<Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*> >&’
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:55:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(const Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>&) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:55:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘const Foam::HashTable<Foam::regIOobject*>&’
In file included from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:612:0,
                from /home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.H:555,
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTableIO.C:33:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(Foam::Istream&, Foam::label) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash; Foam::label = int]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTableIO.C:33:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘Foam::Istream&’
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:35:1: note: Foam::HashTable<T, Key, Hash>::HashTable(Foam::label) [with T = Foam::regIOobject*; Key = Foam::word; Hash = Foam::string::hash; Foam::label = int]
/home/euler/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/HashTable.C:35:1: note:  no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Foam::HashTable<const Foam::regIOobject*, Foam::word, Foam::string::hash>’ to ‘Foam::label {aka int}’
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/MeshesRepository.o] Error 1
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it
Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on

can anybody tell me what is going wrong.

Yeah. Immediately after the release of 2.2.0 OpenCFD in their infinite wisdom changed an essential part of the API in the GIT-version (which I used for the development). Go to the offending line (repositories/MeshesRepository.C:299) and remove or add const (I can't remember which).

This has already been reported a number of times and has already been taken care of in the release 0.2.4