CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Installation

problem while installing swak4Foam on OF-2.0.1

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By wyldckat
  • 1 Post By gschaider

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 17, 2012, 05:29
Default problem while installing swak4Foam on OF-2.0.1
  #1
New Member
 
Laurent Orgogozo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 6
Orgogozo is on a distinguished road
Dear Foamers,

I try to install swak4Foam on OF-2.0.1, but when I run the Makefile I get the following error :

make: ./downloadSimpleFunctionObjects.sh : commande not found

Indeed, the downloadSimpleFunctionObjects.sh script does not exist in my file src/swak4Foam, but it is not present in the downloads I got from svn. At what stage of the installation would possibly lie my mistake? Thank you in advance for your help.
Orgogozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 08:16
Default
  #2
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 8,258
Blog Entries: 34
Rep Power: 84
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Greetings Laurent,

From which repository did you download swak4Foam? http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Co...am#Downloading

Did you use the command:
Best regards,
Bruno
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 09:47
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Laurent Orgogozo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 6
Orgogozo is on a distinguished road
Dear Bruno,

Yes I did. I have made it once again to be sure :
1) downloading with the svn above,
2) 'wmake all' from within the /opt/openfoam201/ directory
3) 'make install' from within the /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam directory
and then the downloadSimpleFunctionObjects.sh is still missing in the /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam directory.

Best regards, and Thank you for your quick help.

Laurent
Orgogozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 10:07
Default
  #4
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgogozo View Post
Dear Bruno,

Yes I did. I have made it once again to be sure :
1) downloading with the svn above,
2) 'wmake all' from within the /opt/openfoam201/ directory
3) 'make install' from within the /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam directory
and then the downloadSimpleFunctionObjects.sh is still missing in the /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam directory.

Best regards, and Thank you for your quick help.

Laurent
downloadSimpleFunctionObjects.sh is no longer required (and therefor is no longer in the repository) as the simpleFunctionObjects are now included with swak. Which script is calling it?
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 10:40
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Laurent Orgogozo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 6
Orgogozo is on a distinguished road
The Makefile call this script, at line 23

I run the installation while commenting this line, and then it gave me the following error message (last four lines of a quite long compiling log):

make[1]: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/pythonInterpreterWrapper.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam/Libraries/pythonIntegration »
Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
make: *** [install] Erreur 42
Orgogozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 10:54
Default
  #6
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgogozo View Post
The Makefile call this script, at line 23

I run the installation while commenting this line, and then it gave me the following error message (last four lines of a quite long compiling log):

make[1]: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/pythonInterpreterWrapper.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /opt/openfoam201/src/swak4Foam/Libraries/pythonIntegration »
Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
make: *** [install] Erreur 42
The recommended way of compiling swak4Foam is "./Allwmake". Installing to global directories can lead to very subtle error conditions (kind of a "DLL-hell". If you don't know what I'm talking about stick with "wmake all"). I will remove this part of the Makefile (and the README). Thanks for drawing my attention to it
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 12:03
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Laurent Orgogozo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 6
Orgogozo is on a distinguished road
Ok ./Allwmake after ./Allwclean works
Thank you for your help, I am now able too enjoy swak4Foam !

Best regards,

Laurent
Orgogozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 17, 2012, 19:41
Default
  #8
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgogozo View Post
Ok ./Allwmake after ./Allwclean works
Thank you for your help, I am now able too enjoy swak4Foam !

Best regards,

Laurent
Great.

On a second thought. Could your previous compilation problems have been caused by you not having write permissions to the global folders? Anyway. In addition to Allwclean try removeSwakFilesFromGlobal.sh from the maintainanceScripts once. Just to be sure that no unwanted residuals lie there from your previous experiments (as you're using a "per user" installation now)
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 18, 2012, 05:29
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Laurent Orgogozo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 6
Orgogozo is on a distinguished road
Hello Gerhardt,

Ok, done. Effectively I've been obliged to log as root user to instal swak4Foam ; in order to be able to use swak4Foam from within my regular account as a simple user, I've used successfully copySwakFilesToSite.sh.

Best regards,

Laurent
Orgogozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2012, 12:25
Default
  #10
New Member
 
ali
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
abigail158 is on a distinguished road
Hi ,

i'm also having trouble with the swak4Foam installation. it seems that it cudnt find any python.h file, while compiling pythonInterpreterWrapper.C.

could someone pls help me to settle this. i attach part of my log installation file.

thnxomuch!
abigail158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2012, 12:29
Default
  #11
New Member
 
ali
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
abigail158 is on a distinguished road
sori, here's the attachment log file!

another error is while compiling the swakCodedFunctionObject.C !!

thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt log2.txt (3.1 KB, 10 views)
abigail158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2012, 12:53
Default
  #12
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail158 View Post
Hi ,

i'm also having trouble with the swak4Foam installation. it seems that it cudnt find any python.h file, while compiling pythonInterpreterWrapper.C.

could someone pls help me to settle this. i attach part of my log installation file.

thnxomuch!
If you don't need the Python functionality then you can happily forget this problem (although I'm wondering why it tries to compile it because in the distributed sources this is not configured and therefor shouldn't be compiled anyway. Exactly to avoid this kind of question)

Anyway: the location of Python.h depends on your distribution and therefor I can't answer this. If locate is configured then "locate Python.h" might help you. Adapt the swakConfiguration file with the results.
BTW: some toy-distributions (SuSE for instance) don't install the headers with Python. They have them in a special package (python-devel or so)
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2012, 12:57
Default
  #13
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail158 View Post
sori, here's the attachment log file!

another error is while compiling the swakCodedFunctionObject.C !!

thanks!
That is because the codedFunctionObject changed its interface from 2.0 to 2.1. I think I answered this recently somewhere else: remove from Libraries/swakFunctionObjects/Make/files the line with swakCodedFunctionObject.C. You probably won't need it anyway
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2012, 14:09
Default
  #14
New Member
 
ali
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
abigail158 is on a distinguished road
thanks gscheider!!

that solved the compiling problem for swakFunctionObject!

As for python functionality, i rarely use it, so as u said, i put it aside 1st.
abigail158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 29, 2012, 06:43
Default
  #15
Senior Member
 
akidess's Avatar
 
Anton Kidess
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Delft, Netherlands
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 17
akidess will become famous soon enough
I'm having troubles building swak on OF-2.0.1 as well. It's complaining about missing 'mappedWallFvPatch.H' and related files. Is it possible this was added on by OpenCFD at a later release or is my installation botched? (the file is indeed not to be found in my OF-2.0.1 installation, but is there in OF-2.1)

- Anton
__________________
*On twitter @akidTwit
*Spend as much time formulating your questions as you expect people to spend on their answer.
*Help define the OpenFOAM stackexchange Q&A site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/prop...oam-technology
akidess is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 31, 2012, 19:58
Default
  #16
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 8,258
Blog Entries: 34
Rep Power: 84
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Hi Anton,

I think Bernhard didn't want to waste any more time with such an old version of OpenFOAM

Anyway, I've done some trials+errors+fixes+tests with OpenFOAM 2.0.1, 2.0.x and 2.1.x and the result is in this branch: https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam/tree/OF20

The two commits with the necessary changes are here: https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam/commits/OF20

I'll open the bug report tomorrow and submit a patch + HG bundle on the bug tracker.

edit: bug report done: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt...iew.php?id=158

Best regards,
Bruno
akidess and elia87 like this.

Last edited by wyldckat; November 1, 2012 at 05:11. Reason: see "edit:"
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 1, 2012, 05:53
Default
  #17
Senior Member
 
akidess's Avatar
 
Anton Kidess
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Delft, Netherlands
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 17
akidess will become famous soon enough
Awesome, thanks a ton! I don't quite understand why I got the unmodified version when using 'git clone https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam.git', and I had to do 'git checkout ae28e5f76e4c0e8666cf7eb8a35515dba7b4689f' to get the proper version, but now it seems to work (like David, I use google-git...).

By the way, I had a drive-by look at the rest of your repos, and I noticed a typo in the header of interpolateVolumeField.C: I think you intended to write "Interpolate vol*Field to surface*Field".
__________________
*On twitter @akidTwit
*Spend as much time formulating your questions as you expect people to spend on their answer.
*Help define the OpenFOAM stackexchange Q&A site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/prop...oam-technology
akidess is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 1, 2012, 09:46
Default
  #18
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 8,258
Blog Entries: 34
Rep Power: 84
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by akidess View Post
Awesome, thanks a ton! I don't quite understand why I got the unmodified version when using 'git clone https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam.git', and I had to do 'git checkout ae28e5f76e4c0e8666cf7eb8a35515dba7b4689f' to get the proper version, but now it seems to work (like David, I use google-git...).
Ooops, sorry about that... the correct checkout command was:
Code:
git checkout OF20
This way you checkout the branch, instead of a specific commit . Although it might not work with older git versions...

I placed it in a separate branch, because that's how I usually use github and its forks: when using a fork, I always make changes in my own branches, to preserve the original branches for reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by akidess View Post
By the way, I had a drive-by look at the rest of your repos, and I noticed a typo in the header of interpolateVolumeField.C: I think you intended to write "Interpolate vol*Field to surface*Field".
Many thanks! It's now fixed and I left a breadcrumb in the issue tracker for that project: https://github.com/wyldckat/reconstr...ields/issues/1
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 10:48
Default
  #19
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,912
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Hi Anton,

I think Bernhard didn't want to waste any more time with such an old version of OpenFOAM
Well. It is not the age. It just so happened that I only have projects with versions older and newer than 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Anyway, I've done some trials+errors+fixes+tests with OpenFOAM 2.0.1, 2.0.x and 2.1.x and the result is in this branch: https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam/tree/OF20

The two commits with the necessary changes are here: https://github.com/wyldckat/swak4foam/commits/OF20

I'll open the bug report tomorrow and submit a patch + HG bundle on the bug tracker.

edit: bug report done: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt...iew.php?id=158

Best regards,
Bruno
I'll put in my repo ASAP (currently I'm a bit handicapped) and push it to the public repo
wyldckat likes this.
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem on installing Openfoam on 64bit sgi station gregjunqua OpenFOAM Installation 4 October 12, 2011 16:28
Handling cyclic BC from gambit to openfoam for a cascade airfoil problem - OF 1.6 maverick OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ... 2 June 18, 2011 04:36
Velocity profiles problem behind the elbow (3D problem) kabat73 FLUENT 8 May 9, 2010 04:26
natural convection problem for a CHT problem Se-Hee CFX 2 June 10, 2007 06:29
Adiabatic and Rotating wall (Convection problem) ParodDav CFX 5 April 29, 2007 19:13


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:39.