CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Native Meshers: blockMesh (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing-blockmesh/)
-   -   Trouble with MergePatchPairs: Duplicate Point Found in Cut Face (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing-blockmesh/79702-trouble-mergepatchpairs-duplicate-point-found-cut-face.html)

dancfd August 31, 2010 22:13

Trouble with MergePatchPairs: Duplicate Point Found in Cut Face

3 Attachment(s)
Good evening all,

I am trying to produce an airfoil with a flap with overlapping geometry but are separate patches (so that they can rotate relative to each other). To test this, I have attempted to create a mesh with some overlap, however I am given the following error when I run blockMesh:

Code:

Adding point and face zones
Creating attachPolyTopoChanger

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Duplicate point found in cut face. Error in the face cutting algorithm for global face 4(97410 97428 97430 97412) local face 4(151 150 152 153)
Slave size: 250 Master size: 90 index: 74.
Face:
(
etc

I am unfamiliar with this type of error, and I do not know how to fix this problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? I have attached the blockMeshDict, the log file for the error (though I shortened the lists with "...") and a visual representation of the mesh (this shows the . I would appreciate any help that could be offered.

Regards,

Dan

MartinB August 31, 2010 23:02

Sorry, false alarm by me... first block is fine... problem is somewhere else...

Martin

sasanghomi March 24, 2013 14:25

Hi Daniel

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancfd (Post 273546)
Good evening all,

I am trying to produce an airfoil with a flap with overlapping geometry but are separate patches (so that they can rotate relative to each other). To test this, I have attempted to create a mesh with some overlap, however I am given the following error when I run blockMesh:

Code:

Adding point and face zones
Creating attachPolyTopoChanger

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Duplicate point found in cut face. Error in the face cutting algorithm for global face 4(97410 97428 97430 97412) local face 4(151 150 152 153)
Slave size: 250 Master size: 90 index: 74.
Face:
(
etc

I am unfamiliar with this type of error, and I do not know how to fix this problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? I have attached the blockMeshDict, the log file for the error (though I shortened the lists with "...") and a visual representation of the mesh (this shows the . I would appreciate any help that could be offered.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Daniel

Did you find the origin of this error?
I have a same error for engine simulation (sliding interface for valves)...
How can I fix this error?

Thanks and best regards,
Sasan.

dancfd March 24, 2013 17:26

Hello Sasan,

Unfortunately not; I had to remove the oscillating flap from the scope of my project.

Best of luck.

Dan

vonboett March 13, 2014 04:01

I have the same error with stitch mesh. Check mesh is OK. Any hints?