CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...

Walls for Salome to OpenFOAM

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 25, 2013, 16:54
Default Walls for Salome to OpenFOAM
jadtwo is on a distinguished road
I have a pipe geometry and mesh I have created in Salome to export to OpenFOAM. I have created groups for the inlet, outlet, and walls.

I was wondering how I can get OpenFOAM to see the "walls" group as being of type wall, rather than type patch. Does simply changing the type in the boundary file after conversion work?

I am getting errors from my Courant number blowing up using icoFoam no matter how small a timestep I use. Although checkMesh tells me my mesh is fine, I think the problem must be in the mesh. I've attached the UNV file in pipe, and the Salome state file in pipe_state.
Attached Files
File Type: zip (48.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip (74.1 KB, 4 views)
jadtwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 23, 2013, 18:41
Andrew Glassby
ADGlassby is on a distinguished road

Put "Salome-" in front of your group names in the MESH module then use createPatch to rename and redefine your patches to walls or anything else. The UNV export doesn't recognise anything other than patch buts its easy enough to deal with.

The reason for calling your patches(walls) Salome-xyz is because createPatch won't do the redefinition if the converted name is the same as the original name.

Hope this helps
ADGlassby is offline   Reply With Quote