CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ... (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing-open/)
-   -   unused points (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing-open/82311-unused-points.html)

Akuji November 23, 2010 04:53

unused points
 
Hi there,

how can I delete unused points, when I use gmshToFoam?
Because of it I 've got an error using checkMesh

T.D. November 30, 2010 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuji (Post 284451)
Hi there,

how can I delete unused points, when I use gmshToFoam?
Because of it I 've got an error using checkMesh

Hi Akuji,
after you converted using gmshToFoam you open the constant/PolyMesh/boundary file
and inside it you delete the last one "defaultFaces" and you also change the "number" on top of the boundary patches to "number-1" and all will be ok.

Good Luck

Akuji December 1, 2010 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.D. (Post 285388)
Hi Akuji,
after you converted using gmshToFoam you open the constant/PolyMesh/boundary file
and inside it you delete the last one "defaultFaces" and you also change the "number" on top of the boundary patches to "number-1" and all will be ok.

Good Luck

Thnx for replay,
but it doesn't work. Also, after using gmshToFoam in /constant/polyMesh/boundary I haven't a defaultFAces. I see faces, which I define.

T.D. December 1, 2010 08:17

hi,
can you send me the gmsh file ".geo"
i can check it for you if you want.

Akuji December 2, 2010 05:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.D. (Post 285565)
hi,
can you send me the gmsh file ".geo"
i can check it for you if you want.

I'll be grateful:)


Here I try to visualize a flow around a building. As I see, gmsh make a mesh inside building too, but I don;t need it. How can I delete it?..

Abhishekd18 May 11, 2012 02:32

Hi,

Did you succeed in removing unused points from openfoam mesh?

Akuji May 11, 2012 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhishekd18 (Post 360477)
Hi,

Did you succeed in removing unused points from openfoam mesh?


Yes. I solved my problem

karl_tae August 1, 2012 11:41

Hello Akuji,
how did you solve your problem?

Thanks, Karl

Akuji August 6, 2012 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_tae (Post 374865)
Hello Akuji,
how did you solve your problem?

Thanks, Karl

Hello, Karl!


My problem was solved long time ago... I don't remember now exactly, but I think I made my geometry on another way. Also, maybe I was a little inattentive and don't include in volume some faces, lines.
Hope you will find solution for yours problem


Best, Arina

karl_tae August 6, 2012 03:33

Hello Arina,
thanks a lot for your answer. My problem was solved unexpectedly by Icem itself. In the forth or fith run of CheckMesh it found the unconnected vertices. I don't know, what the reason was, but okay.
So my advice for other people with similar problems: Just redo your actions in Icem. Icem just needs a little bit more time sometimes.

Best, Karl

hz283 March 16, 2013 10:52

Hi All,

I also had this problem: there are two unused points in my mesh. But I found that the mesh can still be used for running although I do not know if the results are correct. How did you solver this problem in the stage of mesh generation?

Thanks.
H

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_tae (Post 375535)
Hello Arina,
thanks a lot for your answer. My problem was solved unexpectedly by Icem itself. In the forth or fith run of CheckMesh it found the unconnected vertices. I don't know, what the reason was, but okay.
So my advice for other people with similar problems: Just redo your actions in Icem. Icem just needs a little bit more time sometimes.

Best, Karl



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05.