CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...

unused points

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 23, 2010, 05:53
Default unused points
  #1
Member
 
Arina
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7
Akuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Akuji
Hi there,

how can I delete unused points, when I use gmshToFoam?
Because of it I 've got an error using checkMesh
Akuji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2010, 09:04
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
Posts: 193
Rep Power: 6
T.D. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuji View Post
Hi there,

how can I delete unused points, when I use gmshToFoam?
Because of it I 've got an error using checkMesh
Hi Akuji,
after you converted using gmshToFoam you open the constant/PolyMesh/boundary file
and inside it you delete the last one "defaultFaces" and you also change the "number" on top of the boundary patches to "number-1" and all will be ok.

Good Luck
T.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 05:18
Default
  #3
Member
 
Arina
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7
Akuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Akuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
Hi Akuji,
after you converted using gmshToFoam you open the constant/PolyMesh/boundary file
and inside it you delete the last one "defaultFaces" and you also change the "number" on top of the boundary patches to "number-1" and all will be ok.

Good Luck
Thnx for replay,
but it doesn't work. Also, after using gmshToFoam in /constant/polyMesh/boundary I haven't a defaultFAces. I see faces, which I define.
Akuji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 1, 2010, 09:17
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
Posts: 193
Rep Power: 6
T.D. is on a distinguished road
hi,
can you send me the gmsh file ".geo"
i can check it for you if you want.
T.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 2, 2010, 06:52
Default
  #5
Member
 
Arina
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7
Akuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Akuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
hi,
can you send me the gmsh file ".geo"
i can check it for you if you want.
I'll be grateful


Here I try to visualize a flow around a building. As I see, gmsh make a mesh inside building too, but I don;t need it. How can I delete it?..
Attached Files
File Type: txt nok2.txt (2.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Akuji; December 2, 2010 at 07:49.
Akuji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 11, 2012, 02:32
Default
  #6
Member
 
Abhishek
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 6
Abhishekd18 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Did you succeed in removing unused points from openfoam mesh?
Abhishekd18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 11, 2012, 04:24
Default
  #7
Member
 
Arina
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7
Akuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Akuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekd18 View Post
Hi,

Did you succeed in removing unused points from openfoam mesh?

Yes. I solved my problem
Akuji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 1, 2012, 11:41
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
karl_tae is on a distinguished road
Hello Akuji,
how did you solve your problem?

Thanks, Karl
karl_tae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 6, 2012, 02:10
Default
  #9
Member
 
Arina
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7
Akuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Akuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_tae View Post
Hello Akuji,
how did you solve your problem?

Thanks, Karl
Hello, Karl!


My problem was solved long time ago... I don't remember now exactly, but I think I made my geometry on another way. Also, maybe I was a little inattentive and don't include in volume some faces, lines.
Hope you will find solution for yours problem


Best, Arina
Akuji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 6, 2012, 03:33
Default
  #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
karl_tae is on a distinguished road
Hello Arina,
thanks a lot for your answer. My problem was solved unexpectedly by Icem itself. In the forth or fith run of CheckMesh it found the unconnected vertices. I don't know, what the reason was, but okay.
So my advice for other people with similar problems: Just redo your actions in Icem. Icem just needs a little bit more time sometimes.

Best, Karl
karl_tae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 16, 2013, 10:52
Default
  #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 168
Rep Power: 4
hz283 is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

I also had this problem: there are two unused points in my mesh. But I found that the mesh can still be used for running although I do not know if the results are correct. How did you solver this problem in the stage of mesh generation?

Thanks.
H

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_tae View Post
Hello Arina,
thanks a lot for your answer. My problem was solved unexpectedly by Icem itself. In the forth or fith run of CheckMesh it found the unconnected vertices. I don't know, what the reason was, but okay.
So my advice for other people with similar problems: Just redo your actions in Icem. Icem just needs a little bit more time sometimes.

Best, Karl
hz283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sliding Interface issues philippose OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 7 May 5, 2014 03:13
2D foam mesh and internal points virginie_e OpenFOAM Meshing Format & General Technical 3 February 28, 2014 01:05
jagged, ragged edges... ziemowitzima OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others 138 July 23, 2012 23:41
BlockMeshmergePatchPairs hjasak OpenFOAM Native Meshers: blockMesh 11 August 15, 2008 07:36
extreme points problem Lipo Wang Main CFD Forum 2 August 18, 2004 03:15


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:48.