Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others

Jagged Edges

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 5, 2013, 17:12
Default Jagged Edges
Eric R
msuaeronautics is on a distinguished road
I am in the process of figuring out the ins and outs of snappyHexMesh. I have generated a generic delta wing model in a CAD program and exported the model in STL format. Using the motorBike tutorial as a guide, I set up my snappyHexMesh dict and ran it for this particular model.

The result as well as the dictionary file are attached.

Now, what exactly, within the dictionary file, controls or would help stop these jagged edges from being generated? I am using OpenFOAM 2.0.0.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jagged.jpg (89.1 KB, 34 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt snappyHexMeshDict.txt (9.3 KB, 0 views)
msuaeronautics is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 9, 2013, 02:40
Akshay Kumar
Akshay is on a distinguished road
This issue has been existing for quite sometime. Since your simulation needs to be precise(external flow), i'll not suggest you to fix the eMesh file and try to refine the edge mesh. Instead, I'll ask you to try and align the blockMesh with this jagged edge. This might mess with the other edges but give it a shot.
You could try running the latest 2.2.0 , the guys might have resolved this issue.

Akshay is offline   Reply With Quote