|May 2, 2013, 04:49||
mergeMeshes and AMI
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lappeenranta, Finland
Posts: 682Rep Power: 15
I am making a simulation for mixing processs with an impeller. I have been following the example describing rotating cube in a flow field. (pimpleDyMfoam simulation keeps blowing up)
Here is what I did
1. I divided the domain in to two parts: a. Region close to the impeller blades. b. The mixing tank (minus the region described by 'a').
2. Created two meshes.
3. Use mergeMesh operation to merge the mesh.
Now, I have following problem/questions.
1. The method I followed did not generate any AMI. What could be wrong?
2. Is it necessary to have conformal meshes to generate AMI?
3. Is there any separate process/file/command to generate AMI?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Trouble with simple AMI case||Horus||OpenFOAM||0||February 26, 2013 10:31|
|Keep sets when mergeMeshes||Horus||OpenFOAM||1||January 2, 2013 07:51|
|AMI rotating domain meshing errors||Attesz||OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion||1||April 25, 2012 05:29|