makeAxialMesh for multipleRegions

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 4, 2011, 12:00
Default makeAxialMesh for multipleRegions

Matthias Vo
mvoss is on a distinguished road
hi,
is it possible to use the makeAxialMesh for multiple regions by specifying more than one patch to create the "wedges" from?
The tool is running successfully on my multiRegionMesh but since im only giving one patch for the wedges to be created from i end up in both regions becoming "wedge-like" but only 2 of the 4 wedges being created.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,
neewbie
mvoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2011, 09:00
Assistant Moderator

Bernhard Gschaider
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by neewbie View Post
hi,
is it possible to use the makeAxialMesh for multiple regions by specifying more than one patch to create the "wedges" from?
The tool is running successfully on my multiRegionMesh but since im only giving one patch for the wedges to be created from i end up in both regions becoming "wedge-like" but only 2 of the 4 wedges being created.
The util can only handle one patch at a time. Without reprogramming it your best shot will be to use the createPatch-utility to collect the patches from the two regions into one patch and then apply MAM on that. For "documentation" have a look at the example-dictionary that comes with the source code of that utility

Bernhard
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2011, 09:06
Lightbulb

Matthias Vo
mvoss is on a distinguished road
hi,

thanks a lot!! sadly but true.. anyways... its a great tool.
Ill just have to find a way to cut the created super-patches back to their original shapes...

ideas are welcome; ill report back here when i found a solution.

btw: when i use the tool for my multiregion mesh i got ALL the faces (in XY) moved from plane to wedge-like shape... but only the one specified through the -wedge option will be named correctly AND none of the original plane patches is really deleted, so i end up with my original + the wedgy ones.

neewbie
mvoss is offline   Reply With Quote