some questions in SnappyHexMesh

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   August 23, 2012, 09:59
Default some questions in SnappyHexMesh
Cloudy1988 is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

I got some questions would like to ask you,

The first one, in snappyHexMesh tutorial (in OPENFOAM user guide), there are more cells around the car surface, which part in snappyhexDict is to achieve this?

Secondly, what does the "level" mean? for example,
level (2 2)
what are the real meaning of the numbers in the ()? any detailed explanation?

Finally, normally we need a blockMesh as a blackground mesh for snappyHex, for my cylinder case, if the blockMesh size is larger than the cylinder , the top/bottom surface generated is not smooth (
while if i use small blockMesh (smaller than the cylinder) , the surface of top/bottom is quite good (
Since I need the background block as a water tank and to test the forces on the cylinder, could I use any utility like Cellset to "define" a small region in the block as a background mesh for cylinder, or maybe with 2 blockMesh, one small block for generating cylinder and one for water tank?

Many thanks,
Cloudy1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 23, 2012, 13:56
Super Moderator
Bruno Santos
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Hi Cloudy,

I'm in a hurry, so I'll have to quote an answer of mine I gave a few minutes ago:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
You should find answers here: - read the tutorial "A Comprehensive Tour of snappyHexMesh".
Best regards,
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote