CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing/)
-   -   ideasUnvToFoam problem with internal groups (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing/118647-ideasunvtofoam-problem-internal-groups.html)

s.marcocalero May 31, 2013 11:48

ideasUnvToFoam problem with internal groups
 
3 Attachment(s)
Hello all,
I'm a beginner with OpenFoam and I'm trying to import a mesh created in Salome to OpenFoam using the format .unv and ideasUnvToFoam. I want to run a rotating mesh simulation so I need some internal groups to create the "AMI", I've made the groups in Salome (see attached screenshot) and everything is ok.

When I export this mesh to .unv format, everything works right. I've imported this .unv file int another program (and back into salome) and the groups are ok.

But when I use ideasUnvToFoam it shows
Code:

sergio@ubuntu:~/Salome_Studies/test$ ideasUnvToFoam Test.unv
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\
| =========                |                                                |
| \\      /  F ield        | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox          |
|  \\    /  O peration    | Version:  2.1.1                                |
|  \\  /    A nd          | Web:      www.OpenFOAM.org                      |
|    \\/    M anipulation  |                                                |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build  : 2.1.1-221db2718bbb
Exec  : ideasUnvToFoam Test.unv
Date  : May 31 2013
Time  : 11:26:45
Host  : "ubuntu"
PID    : 4953
Case  : /home/sergio/Salome_Studies/test
nProcs : 1
sigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).
fileModificationChecking : Monitoring run-time modified files using timeStampMaster
allowSystemOperations : Disallowing user-supplied system call operations

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Processing tag:164
Starting reading units at line 3.
l:1
units:"  SI: Meter (newton)"
unitType:2
Unit factors:
    Length scale      : 1
    Force scale        : 1
    Temperature scale  : 1
    Temperature offset : 273.15


Processing tag:2420
Skipping tag 2420 on line 9
Skipping section at line 9.

Processing tag:2411
Starting reading points at line 20.
Read 184 points.

Processing tag:2412
Starting reading cells at line 391.
First occurrence of element type 11 for cell 1 at line 392
First occurrence of element type 41 for cell 45 at line 656
First occurrence of element type 44 for cell 326 at line 936
First occurrence of element type 112 for cell 185 at line 1304
Read 140 cells and 324 boundary faces.

Processing tag:2467
Starting reading patches at line 1586.
For group 1 named inner_circle trying to read 11 patch face indices.
For group 2 named outer_circle trying to read 21 patch face indices.
For group 3 named middle_circle trying to read 12 patch face indices.
For group 4 named top trying to read 140 patch face indices.
For group 5 named bottom trying to read 140 patch face indices.

Sorting boundary faces according to group (patch)
0: inner_circle is patch
1: outer_circle is patch
2: middle_circle is cellZone
3: top is patch
4: bottom is patch

Constructing mesh with non-default patches of size:
    inner_circle        11
    outer_circle        21
    top        140
    bottom        140

Adding cell and face zones
 Cell Zone middle_circle        12

End

So it makes a cell zone with the inner groups (it should do a face zone I think, but I could convert it later). But this is not the only problem, because when I run paraView and show this cell zone I found that it is not formed by the appropriate elements (see attached screenshot).

I think that there may be a problem with ideasUnvToFoam but I don't know C so I cannot understand the code to try to repair it.

Please, if someone knows what I'm doing wrong or where the problem may be, a little help would be great.

Sergio.

PS: I know that the mesh is not as fine as it must be, but this is just a test with a simple mesh to avoid uploading huge files.
I have tried it with a real mesh (400k elements) with the same problem, the internal group is not well converted.

The attached zip file is the .unv mesh file

Edit: I am using salome 7.2 and OpenFoam 2.1


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42.