Mesh conversion from Pointwise to OpenFoam
I want to convert my mesh file from Pointwise to OpenFoam. I am doing with following steps,
1. Open the mesh file in Pointwise.
2. With CAE menu, select "Select Solver" and choose OpenFOAM.
3. Re-check boundary patch types.
4. Select all of the blocks and go to File --> Export --> CAE, navigate to a folder where I want to save files.
5. It generates boundary, faces, neighbour, owner and points files.
Then what to do next to open mesh in OpenFoam ?
Can anyone help me ?
put these five files in your constant/polyMesh directory.
Then you can use them as if they were generate from openfoam.
And make sure you boundary file is properly named to match you 0/* files names. edit if necessary.
Hope this helps.
I have created the block mesh. I have chosen the boundary condition and volume condition as well but when I go to export_CAE it asks me for a folder. When I give a folder it says ERROR-Uninitialized block. I am new to pointwise so I will appreciate if you help me, thanks.:confused: By the way, I have already cells in my block. more than 900M cells.
The block is either not initialized as the error message says or you have the block icone unchecked in the tool bar. If the latter then when you are exporting the block is just not selected.
If you created your block using existing domains, you may need to select the block and initialize ( I guess) grid/initialize.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:29.|