OpenFOAM hacker day in Copenhagen
I was thinking to setup a day of OpenFOAM hacking here i Copenhagen (Denmark, Scandinavia, Northern Europe). I was thinking along the lines of a day where we meet in the morning, bringing our laptops and then we could just have an informal day of fun with OF.
Some might need help just to boot the computer :) others might want to learn how to install OF and some might need help for their transient nuclear reactor LES simulations, or what do I know. During the day we could take a break or two to do some networking and maybe short 10-minute-presentations could be intertwined with the hacking. In the evening those who feel like it could hit the town and checkout the local pubs. I shall volunteer as guide :)
Anyways, I would just like to know if I am the only one (I am pretty sure I am not) who would like to attend such a day. Let me know if you are interested either in this thread (preferably) or via a PM.
I was contemplating arranging it a Saturday during March.
Hi Mads and all you others,
Welcome to CPH - last time I talked with you, you were still located in Aarhus.
This sounds like a really good idea and I am up for joining for a nice day of hanging out.
Now I finally got a confirmed date (I hope this is not too short notice):
March 16th in Studenterhuset in the centre of Copenhagen. Let's meet there at 9.00.
- we have the room called "Kupeen" from 9.00 to 18.00 o'clock
- bring laptops and everything else you think could be of use
- website of studenterhuset: http://studenterhuset.com/
- I checked, and there should be power and internet access available
- I shall bring some cake, beers are found in the bar of Studenterhuset
Please announce in this thread or with PM if you are attending.
The event itself is free of charge.
Ps. thanks Niels - looking forward to see you there :)
From what time do we have the room?
Good point Niels, I edited the post above.
I certainly will not be in Sweden around that time. But nevertheless the idea certainly is a good one!
Some questions I do have, nevertheless:
- Will it be more a thing like "OpenFOAMers not-so-anonymous", with mainly a self-assisting character? Or do you plan to - for example - write some tutorials and such stuff, increasing usability?
- Will it be possible to participate via dial-in, for example by way of Skype? Certainly the beers afterwards will be locality-bound. But collecting knowledge MIGHT be interesting and possible "foam-world-wide"? ;-)
Anyhow: Have fun on March 16th!
we have scaled down and changed the location of the arrangement. If you are interested in meeting up let me know.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:56.|