Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By gocarts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 20, 2014, 08:55
Default ofgpu v1.1: GPU Linear Solvers for OpenFOAM Released

Richard Smith
gocarts is on a distinguished road
The Symscape ofgpu (v1.1) library for OpenFOAMŪ 2.2.x is now available. ofgpu is a linear solver library that targets NVIDIA CUDA GPU devices on Windows, Linux, and (untested) Mac OS X.

For more details see "GPU v1.1 Linear Solver Library for OpenFOAM".

OpenFOAM is a registered trademark of OpenCFD and is unaffiliated with Symscape.
elvis, wyldckat, Ohbuchi and 4 others like this.

Old   March 8, 2014, 13:10
Default confusion about the instruction

Alex
alexQch is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the GPU code. I followed the building instruction to step 3. The ofgpu was successfully built how ever in the /install folder, there is only one folder named lib and there is only one file inside it: libofgpu.so. In this case, does it mean there is no need to perform the step as stated in instruction: ln -s /install/release/lib /install/lib ?
With the assumption that there is no need to create the soft link, I went on to step step 4. I'm not sure about the meaning of "CUDA modification". Is it simply apply the "MinGW Windows Modifications" patch at the root directory of OpenFOAM 2.2.x or I need to start from step 1 on webpage(http://www.symscape.com/openfoam-2-2-x-on-windows) to Install MinGW-w64 cross-compiler and zlib" first?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
alexQch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gpu